Still confused!

(Gabbie) #1

Hey there everyone!
So today is day two of keto (yes I know it’s early) but I want to do it the proper way to receive the benefits and the weight loss!!
I’m still confused on how to not over eat carbs with veggies? I don’t typically eat a lot of meat but have no issue with that I just notice yesterday and today my veggies are blowing me over my carbs !!
Here’s what I’ve done
Yesterday
Breakfast : three boiled eggs
Lunch : spring mix , 1/4 cup diced tomatoes 1 chicken wing … acacado oil/ coconut oil dressing
Dinner : kale Sautéed in olive oil with few onion , two lamb tenderloins grilled and half avocado
TODAY
Breakfast : two scrambled eggs in avacado oil with spring veggies (1c) whole avacado and one ounce of chese
Lunch/snack cucumber with olive oil salt and pepper

I also do the intermittent fasting 16/8

I’m not sure how to not keep going over my 20g of carbs with veggies or staying low in protein with all the meet … I add a minimum of two liters of water also to make sure I’m getting enough

Please help I dont Get what I’m doing wrong already
And if the headache is from no sweets or if I’m actually doing what I’m supposed

Also I am lactose intolerant. Cheese is the most I can handle without upsetting my body

(TJ Borden) #2

Most people just count NET carbs for the 20 grams, which is total carbs minus fiber. From what you listed above, tomato’s and onions are the only higher carb veggies, but you’d have to eat quite a bit of them to go over 20g.

Headaches are common for a bit. It’s carb withdrawal.

(Gabbie) #3

I’ve been reading about NET carbs I have no clue where I would learn the fiber content for each veggie? I use a app called my fitness but it doesn’t have those options without a member ship

(TJ Borden) #4

Just google “nutrition info for xxx” and you’ll find it.

To be clear, don’t actually google xxx. You might find interesting stuff, but it won’t be about fiber.

(Gabbie) #5

Hahah thanks I’ll do that an create a list !

(TJ Borden) #6

Once you figure out where the carbs are, it becomes pretty easy to know what to eat, what not to, and what to eat in limited quantities.

(Rob) #7

Or get one of the many free food logging apps on mobile and/or web. I use LoseIt as it is simple enough but has a good database (focus on items with the green check marks). This will give you all the data and do the sums for you without searching google and using a spreadsheet.

(Gabbie) #8

I have the MyFitnessPal I just looked and it told me I was way over 20g carbs but when I went in a minused all the fiber from the carbs I only made it to like 15 carbs net carbs … wow! Now I really have faith in this cause that’s what was blowing my mind !!

(Rob) #9

MFP is good too. If you are eating the right carbs (veggies, nuts, berries), you get to eat more than you think you can due to lovely undigestible fiber.

KCDFO - keep calm and deduct fiber on!