Sticky Toffee Pudding

toffee
caramel
pudding
cake

Alright! Another ketofied recipe for you guys!

The original recipe uses dates to get a dark, rich, flavourful cake. In this keto version, I used a bag of black tea chai to get the same effect. The chai flavour carried through so well that I didn’t even use any artificial sweetener in the cake at all!

Hope you like this…enjoy!

First, to prepare the dark, rich chai cream, I used this tea

Placed one tea bag in a frying pan

I added 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream, and turned heat on

The cream developed a nice light brown colour. I took cream off heat and let cool.

While the cream was cooling, I weighed 100 grams almond flour.

I added 3/4 teaspoon baking powder and a pinch of salt, and mixed it into the almond flour

In a separate bowl, I cracked one egg and scrambled it a bit. And then I poured the egg into the almond flour mixture.

I added 3 tablespoons of melted butter (I melted the butter in the microwave)

and then added a teaspoon of vanilla

and then finally, I added 1/4 cup of the chai cream that was cooled off a bit

the ingredients were blended to form a nice batter. At this point, I could have added some artificial sweetener…but I didn’t, as the chai cream gave sufficient sweetness to the batter. But, certainly, you may want to add a bit of sweetener as desired.

The next step and getting some ramekins and buttering the surfaces.

I split the batter into two ramekins

The ramekins were nuked at HIGH for 2 minutes

Oops…ramekins were too full. In retrospect, I could have split the batter into 4 ramekins. Oh well.

The ramekins were inverted onto plates, and excess cake was trimmed off to reveal a perfect cylinder

A teaspoon of brandy and half teaspoon of vanilla was blended in a small bowl for each cake

The brandy mixture was poured onto the cake. The cake soaked it up real nice!

About 1/4 cup butter was added to a frying pan, and heat turned up

While the butter was heating up, I poured about 1/2 cup whipping cream into a bowl

In two minutes, the whipped cream was done and the butter started turning a nice brown colour. I set the whipped cream aside.

I let the butter brown a bit more on the heat, until it reached a nice noisette (hazelnut) colour

I added the rest of the chai cream I made earlier

I added 1/2 tablespoon of Truvia, and a tablespoon of heavy whipping cream

While the pan was on the heat, I kept whipping the sauce with the whisk until it became a velvety smooth caramel.

I poured the caramel sauce on the cakes

I added some whipping cream on the cakes, and I used a star of anise as decoration on top (to give a hint of what’s inside the cake…one ingredient of chai is anise). I also added a pansy (edible flower) for added decoration

The cake was perfectly baked

The perfect sticky toffee pudding bite!

New Admin - Fiorella
What did you Keto today?
(Dustin Cade) #2

Looks so good!

(Jessica) #3

Holy shit they look so pretty and perfect and… need to try these (once brendas coconut candies are gone)!

You guys always come up with such yummy recipes, it’s really hard for me to not make treats all the time.

Yeah…that’s because keto is soooo booooring! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Jacquie) #5

Reading this is a great way to start off the day. Perfect presentation! :heart_eyes:
Did you just eat the pudding without the sauce, because of the sweetener?

(Newimprovedme ) #6

That looks so yummy

(Richard Morris) #7

Bloody hell that looks good … I love sticky pudding. I can’t thank you enough for this.

Imma break my fast in a few days a nice slow cooked short rib (in the sous vide currently) and have sticky date pudding to chase it.

Don’t be surprised if it ends up on the podcast :slight_smile:

Nah, I ate it with the sauce…the cook needs to “test” the recipe…no? :wink:

The cool thing is the chai tea and alcohol soaking tricks worked. I didn’t need to add sweetener to the cake. But, I tend to like my desserts under sweet. Someone else might still want to add a bit more sweetness with artificial sweetener.

(Jacquie) #9

I wondered because I have to taste everything I make, too. Isn’t that a sign of a good cook?:grinning:

(Richard Morris) #10

Yup. Stir, taste, get a new spoon.

(Diane) #11

Oh my. Next on my list!

Yum that looks lovely. Thanks for sharing.