Starting a (5 day) extended fast tonight...all welcome!

(Lisa ) #21

Nope, I prefer not to mention that I am a doctor because in the past I have been treated in the hospital I worked at and was given priority for a scan over my friend who needed it more urgently. I understand wanting to do the best by your colleagues, but I always tell doctors to treat me as a patient, not a colleague, and not someone who deserves more respect. It’s a load of bollocks, we all deserve equal treatment.

(Lisa ) #22

Hello! According to Fastient, I finished my fast 2 hours ago. Had a small refeed of fatty lamb and bone broth.
Today was very stressful: my golden retriever was poisoned and it was only because I had a weird gut instinct telling me to leave my group fitness class (something I NEVER do) and go home that I found him in time to save his life. He started seizing shortly after arrived (I had planned to be at the gym for another 90min or so). Thankfully I got him to the vet in time and he is being cared for overnight there. Looks like the gate to the back yard was accidentally left open by a visitor who came while I was out, and there was potting mix there that he was collecting. I think Finn got his nose in it and some sort of microbe caused the toxicity. I felt so lucky after getting him to the vet’s (he was so sick very suddenly he couldn’t walk and two vets worked on him). So I bought a lotto ticket. And won. Not a millionaire but the most I’ve ever won on lotto. I am not a regular player either. So it’s been very busy and I forgot my supps and didn’t drink enough water, but I will make up for that tomorrow. Rest day from the gym and bringing some of my clothes and Finn’s toys in to the vet hospital and I will sit with him for the day. Poor wee chap. I probably will fast tomorrow so I stay on an even keel with my stress.
Hope everyone has enjoyed this fast and please feel free to share your experiences and what you plan on doing next.
Lisa

Wow - that sounds like quite a day :exploding_head:
I hope Finn is doing better!

(Jane) #24

I am a chemical engineer and the closest I ever came to a plant explosion was a project I was working on in Los Angeles.

I was still finishing up the configuration of the control system (programming) and my field supervisor came in and got me and drug me out to the field. He had a permit to cut into a line but he had a “bad feeling in his gut” about it so he came to me since I was the project manager.

I reached over and opened a bleed valve and out poured a highly flammable chemical in the line he was given a permit to cut into with a cutting torch. We would have made the 6 o’clock news!

Never ignore your “gut feelings”. They rarely steer you wrong. Hope your pup is better soon!