Started EF day two

weightloss

Doing an extended fast to lose weight and be free of sweet cravings, been using sweetners on and off and I want to quit them. Day two and I feel great! Yesterday I had one decaf coffee and one tea with 2 tbs cream and a little unsweetened soy milk, as well as green tea through out the day. Pink salt and water too, vitamins and omega 3’s. I plan to go as long as I can, although I won’t be fasting on christmas eve or day. I’m sure I will break my fast before Christmas though.
I want to lose 10-12 kg, (about 20-25 lbs). According to the calculator I can burn about 1600 kcal from my own fat per day. I don’t feel good when I do a zero kcal fast so this ~300 kcal/day fast is great for me and I feel so good!

(David Cooke) #2

Good luck!
I am planning my first 24 hour fast for AFTER the holidays, after one low carb day, seems more realistic.
I don’t really want to lose much more weight, just to get back into ketosis and maintain my blood pressure and sugar levels, which I suppose are secondary for you at the moment?
I plan on drinking herbal teas (including ginger root), a little apple cider vinegar, soda water and one coffee. Some salt.
Looking forward to this and finding out if it’s something I want to do regularly.

(Barbara) #3

When did you start…? I started yesterday actually Friday 7 pm…
I had a couple weeks of completely going off the rails… started to gain weight back 5 lbs… ouch !!
I think part of my problem was my daily dairy consumption, cream, cheeses, sugar free sweetness…
I want to go 12 days…leaving for a Christmas trip want to feel better…
Let’s support each other!,
I have done several 24 hr fasts… one 4 day never a 12…
Doing coffee, water, tea… may add bone broth if things become unbearable…
You game…:evergreen_tree::snowman_with_snow:

@Herewego I started Wednesday evening, but then I stopped yesterday at a social event unfortunately. That was a bummer but today I started again! Yes, let’s support each other and post our progress here! I’m excited :smile:

(Barbara) #5

Sounds great !! Let’s do this… I started day 3 today…
I keep telling myself it’s only food… I am still alive :slightly_smiling_face:.
How you doing ? I find once I get off the wagon so fricken hard to get back on…
You can do this… just remember someone else is struggling right along with you !!
And reaping all the benefits of fasting …
First two days were not that bad… I was busy finishing up Christmas shopping… which may my day fly by…
Keep me posted…

@Herewego you’re doing great! I had a rough hour or so late afternoon today, but I made it through! It wasn’t true hunger, just missing my afternoon snack I guess and having low energy :slight_smile: been “snacking” on pink salt and drinking a lot of decaf green tea.
The food cravings get worse if I have low energy, or if I get bored, upset or sad so I’m trying to re-train my brain not to use food as a comfort!
Please check in soon again, I love to read your progress!

(Barbara) #7

I totally understand how your brain is wired to our moods…so tired tonight after work… I wanted to eat something so bad, instead I made hot tea and put on a pot of coffee. The hot coffee was almost a treat…
Keep it up … I am right along with ya…

@Herewego how’s it going? I’ve been feeling an urge to eat all day today and if I feel like this tomorrow I’ll eat and break my fast. Hopefully I can start fasting again after a day or two of moderate feasting!