Stalled for a month - help!

(Mick) #1

Hi there, newbie. I’ve been keto for a 2 months now, minus a few cheat days. I thought carb cycling might help my stall but alas, it has not. Most of my meals contain fat (chicken thighs, steak) with a lot of veggies. I recently began IF 16/8 three days ago. I’ll post some updates here this week! Anyone else doing 16/8 and new? I’m 5’9, 175.5lbs. Trying to get to 159. Age 31. Anyone similar?

(Paul Butler) #2

Hi Mick,
Welcome to the forum.
I’m not new to Keto, been on it about 18 months now, but still trying to tweek it to my own body.
During the time, your body does lose and stall. When it stalls, just keep in mind, that it might not be dropping weight, but its probably fixing other health issues, dont feel bad.
You only just started IF, give that a go for some time, you might notice a movement, then if you feel good doing the 16/8, swap it up. Some days dto 16/8, others try and do 20/4. The idea is shake up your body. But only progress at the rate you feel ok with. Then push it out to longer fasts if you feel up to it.
I regally do a mix of 16/8, 20/4, 42 or 72hr fasts during a week. But I like the fasting component.
To give you some details I’m 5’8, 39yrs, and was 92.5kg, now down to 72kg.(Oz)
Good luck and Keep On Keto’ing On

(Mick) #3

Thanks Paul! I’m trying to figure out what my trigger foods are. I think the nuts in my diet might be stalling me. I’ve had some bad experience with nuts- they usually make me gain. Unfortunately they’re all over my office.

(Paul Butler) #4

With you meals, make sure you are getting enough fats, I realized I wasn’t. Now I add butter to all my veggies - even at work, I take a stick of butter :slight_smile:

(Mick) #5

You’re right. I ate a low-fat diet for so many years (used to be stick thin) doing OMAD (unhealthy!) so am getting used to fat again. :slight_smile:

(Alec) #6

Doesn’t surprise me, not convinced about carb cycling. I would recommend just sticking to basic keto and IF for a decent period of time, say at least 6 months, to let your body get used to the regime. When it wants to lose weight it will tell you by not being hungry.

Are you counting the carbs carefully? Don’t overeat veg.

You’ve not got that much to lose, so you need to be patient. It could be slow. But you should be feeling better in any case.

This.

Nuts are a problem food for many. Try going 4 weeks with no nuts and see how you feel and see what happens to your weight.

Way to go… butter, the nectar of the Gods!

Possible that you have some metabolic damage due to this. So your body needs time on keto to fix this. Give it time.

Keep your keto going, you will get to where you want to, remember to enjoy the journey.