...staggering deterioration of peripheral (but not central) thyroid function - Dr. Peter Attia

(Bunny) #1

”…Interesting three weeks with the “Nothingburger” experiment: one week of fasting sandwiched between two weeks of nutritional ketosis. As previously mentioned, I’ll share the results in the form of a podcast episode, where Bob will interview me in an AMA format. If you have questions about the experience or findings, please start shooting them to us (cc @bobkaplan) on Twitter. I’ve got most of the labs back and found some very interesting things, including a staggering deterioration of peripheral (but not central) thyroid function during the fast…albeit it’s an n of 1…” - Dr. Peter Attia

Looking forward to this particular podcast episode, I want to know what’s going on with (his) this peripheral thyroid function issue and how it relates to EF?

Is it just to specific to him or is it something that happens in general when in EF mode for everyone? Is it something to be concerned about?

(PJ) #2

I cannot find a link to this anywhere and I’ve looked in four places it ought to be. Maybe it’s not out yet?

I always want to know: does it stay that way AFTER a few weeks of eating well? Because all kinds of things may happen during fasting but resolve after resumption of eating.

(Bunny) #3

Maybe you could email bob and see what’s going on with that?

When I do a search I get this chart?

https://peterattiamd.com/dawallach/thyroid/