Spontaneous EPIC fast

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

This is a record fast to date. (I started Wednesday February 8th at 1 am. It was unplanned.) I will continue as long as I feel well. I had a blood glucose reading of 69 mg/dL last night. For the UK folks, that’s 3.8 mmol/L!
Lowest reading I’ve ever seen.

Fasting is healing me beyond the ketogenic diet (and keto has been spectacular)
Thank you Dr. Jason Fung.
Your book, “The Obesity Code” changed my life. I read it a year ago and have been fasting once monthly ever since. Normally 3 days (see Zornfast February 2017 Zornfast :slight_smile: )
This current fast is EPIC.
(for reference, I formerly had an A1c of 12, triglycerides were 1200, and I had hypertension) Now? My A1c is 5.5, trigs 126, no hypertension.
I healed myself with zero medication, the ketogenic diet, and fasting.

(Danielle) #2

Can you tell me the name of the app and if it’s on Android? I’ve been looking for a fasting app, but not finding one I really like. Thanks!

Just out of curiosity, any idea how much money you save doing your “usual” (3 day) fasts? Just curious. I know when I quit drinking Pepsi (my first step to going keto/low carb); I figured I was saving about $3 a day. Estimated I’ve saved over $550 (just in Pepsi money) since going Keto in Aug 2016. Just another NSV in book. KC&KO!

(Michelle) #3

Wow!!! So happy for you Brenda. Fantastic results. :clap::clap::clap:

I can’t wait to try an extended day fast (did I just say that?? yikes)

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #4

@dewy333
I am a helluva bargain shopper so hard to say how much I save on a three day. Probably only 10-15 $ as I eat simple meat/veg meals and already am a one meal a day ketoer (I have been for a few years now. I practice 20/4 IF)

As far as the app goes, it’s an addiction app called Imquit. It is only for Android.
Another forum member gave it to me over in the Zornfast thread.

I changed functions/wording of that app to suit me for a fast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #5

Do your homework. Extended fasts aren’t recommended if you have less than 18% bodyfat.

Also, fasting is a skill you build on. My first ever was only 24 hours. Get the book: “The Complete Guide to Fasting” by Jason Fung, MD and Jimmy Moore

(Danielle) #6

I’m using an addiction app too… but I don’t like all the preachy non-sense it’s got. Doesn’t apply to me. And I’d really like a widget to keep on my home screen. I’ll check out the one you suggested to see if that will work better for my needs. Keep up the good work!

(Stickin' with mammoth) #7

This is my plan, too. You effin’ rock, girl.

This just occurred to me, as well. Specifically, I was annoyed to find that a lot of things already paid for and in the fridge would go to waste now that I’m only partying with my fat bomb stash. Fresh baby spinach is NOT forgiving (and it’s already turned, so don’t suggest blanching and freezing, I’d be blanching stinking, rotten green spinach snot).

Anyway, I hope the savings will overtake the losses before the end. On all levels.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #8

Yaaaaaasssssssssssss!
This is the best part! I click on it, and it INSTANTLY shows me my “speedometer” with up to the second fasting time!!!
SEE??!

And… it moves :zornface:

(matt ) #9

There an iOS app called Quit That! No preaching.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Oh. Btw, I completed a 10 day water fast. Success. I wanted to tie my metabolically deranged twin, @richard.

Mission Accomplished.
:heart: