Sore kidneys day after breaking fast

(Marnie Knox) #1

Hi,
Ended a 5 1/2 day fast yesterday. Started with a mug of bone broth. Had another mug of bone broth about a half hour after that. Waited a couple of hours and then had some egg yolks, a 50/50/50 burger patty and some bacon. About four hours after that I had filet mignon. Drank about 5-6 glasses of water throughout. Woke this morning with the feeling of sore kidneys. Anyone else experience this? My problem is usually re-feeding too quickly and my body says “nope, too much to fast, out with you!” And I find myself running to the toilet. But I’ve never experienced this with an extended fast.

Don’t recall ever having sore kidneys, at least that I remember? But as to the ‘running to the toilet’, this can sometimes be attributed/triggered by certain foods that you eat to break the Fast. This can also be different for each individual, but there are some foods that are well known for causing this effect, such as Eggs, Nuts, etc. to name a few. Again, some folks can eat these with no issues, but there are a lot of folks who have problems breaking with these two food types. … It actually sounds like you were doing it well, working foods in slowly, and not jumping right into a meal, so it might just be attributed to the types of foods incorporated. Maybe try breaking with other food types, find out which causes you less issues. But then again, some just get this each and every time they break a fast, and the reintroduction of food itself shocks the system to cause this effect? It does for me from time to time, but only Fast over 48 hrs.

Good luck working it out… :+1:

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #3

I likely would not have even awakened this morning. Experience is tough love teacher, as long as it doesn’t kill you. :crazy_face: