Soooo Discouraged.. please help :(

Yes! The W30 was great for my husband and I, but once I found keto, I wished we had just gone keto instead of bothering with the W30 (although I didn’t know about keto then). Maybe I made the W30 more complicated than it needed to be, but I felt like I was always cooking or prepping something and could not eat anything outside of homemade. We still make most foods at home, but Keto is way easier/ less high maintenance.

I totally think it’s worth doing because of getting off all sweetners and seed oils, but you’re right that it’s an enormous amount of work and so limiting wrt eating outside the home. Keto is much easier and makes me feel like I’m getting away with something.

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #124

Wishing you the best, @kate_88! New here and just finished reading the start of your journey!

(Mason ) #125

Yeah, reading outside or by a window…ahhh…so nice. Lol

(Kathleen Khalil) #126

I am so sorry to hear this. I don’t have advice because I am having the same problem. I hope you were able to get over the hump and have the wedding of your dreams.

(Vicki Angerstein) #127

I don’t know how overweight you are… But from what I’ve observed, someone that is only 10 or 15 lbs overweight tends to lose a little more slowly than someone that is quite a bit to lose…I just started this about 10 days ago… I’m doing a combination of keto and omad and I’ve lost 15 lbs… But everyone is different in how their bodies respond, I’m sure

Did you get any other benefits of keto? Like increased memory, better mood and sleep? I have not been extreamly overweight at any point of my life. I am always about 5 -10 lbs short of my ideal weight though. I just started keto two weeks ago and following it religesly (same as you ). I have not lost any weight or gained any above benefits. So not sure if I need to push through or it is just not for me…

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #129

@olive123 Don’t give up just yet. We begin producing ketone bodies as soon as our carbohydrate intake drops low enough, but it takes most people six to eight weeks to become fully fat-adapted, some people even longer. The body has to make several biochemical changes that cannot be rushed, quite apart from healing mitochondria and making new ones to use the ketones efficiently. Think of this as a marathon, not a sprint, or as a new way of life, as opposed to a quickie diet.

As mentioned, fat loss is slower, the closer we get to ideal weight. Also, the body often puts on muscle and restores bone density, so the scale number is not always a good guide to progress; clothing size is often a more helpful indicator. And sorry—your hormone fluctuations will also make weight loss a non-linear process for you. On the other hand, many women find that their monthly cycle becomes more regular and more comfortable over time (though apparently often there is a period of confusion at the beginning).

I admire women for being able to cope, since most men I know (including myself) would freak out if we had to put up with what you deal with all the time. Good thing you gals are so tough!

@PaulL Thank you for taking time to reply to me. It is much appreciated. I have not noticed any hormonal changes or cravings. I do not feel hungry for most of the day. I just went to OMAD because I was not hungry at lunch time and it was easier to wait till I go home vs trying to find something at work at 4 pm. I produced ketons in 24 hours of going on a diet. By all accounts I am a model dieter. But no results kinda discouraging. Trying to see if anyone else has been in my situation.

(Ce) #131

I have found that I gain weight during weeks that I don’t have fat bombs.
I keep my carbs below 10%, but have to watch protein. It digests to sugars (don’t quote me). I’ve been in ketosis for 4 months. During weeks that I don’t have fat bombs, I’ve noticed my weight goes up. Frustrating to say the least. I’m down 50+/- lbs overall but the holidays have hit and I’m not in ketosis now. 3 days after Christmas and I’ll be back on the KWOL (Keto Way Of Life). I’m now at 168 which I haven’t seen since I was 25 and I’m 61 now.
Watch the carbs and protein and find a fat bomb that you like and have them on hand.

Good luck.

(Marianne) #132

Sounds like you are doing everything right. You may not want to hear this, but I would stay off the scale. The only time I get weighed is when I go to the doctor’s. I don’t know what I weigh right now but have a general idea plus or minus 6-7 lbs. This isn’t a race, although I totally understand about getting the weight off NOW if not sooner - I think most of us can relate to that.

Try to adopt keto as your new way of eating that you are in for the long haul. If you continue to do what you are doing, you will lose the weight you want. The scale is very demoralizing and destructive - it can have an adverse effect on your progress whether it is up or down. In the scheme of things, what does a few pounds or ounces matter? Weight can fluctuate so quickly over a day or within a day, it’s never really accurate anyway. Eat delicious meals that satisfy you, forget about the scale, find stuff to occupy your time and live your life otherwise. In a few months you will be down considerably and then you will feel more encouraged. Give yourself permission not to weigh yourself; it can be very freeing.

Plan a delicious dinner tonight and hang in there.

(Marianne) #133

Just realized that I responded to a post that was two years old! :roll_eyes:

Do you think she’ll see it.

:blush: