Soooo Discouraged.. please help :(

(Jen) #102

I agree with this. Drop the fat macro % a bit for awhile. I had greater success this way on the scale.

(kate) #103

Nope… still in ketosis… added some butternut squash & bulletproof coffee, also started eating more fat. Only lost 4 pounds in September, but lost 4 inches around waist, and a bunch elsewhere.

Thanks for all your advice <3

(Carpe salata!) #104

Hey great going @kate_88 . You were looking like a quitter upthread but no, you doubled down and KCKO. Thanks for the update and the great early results !

(MooBoom) #105

That’s awesome- so glad you’re still here and making progress!!! Go you :muscle:

(Ernest) #106

@kate_88 BRAVO!! That’s the spirit!!

(Michelle) #107

Great progress. 4 inches is great. If you haven’t found it already, try meatfreeketo.com

(Crystal ) #108

Late to the party but so glad to read you kept with it!
I noticed through the frustration of your words you were also quite happy with the NSV’s you were seeing and the freedom this WOE gave you - SO GLAD to see you’ve soldiered on.
It’s very difficult to focus on your own story when there are so many around you having different successes. Our journeys are SO different, and it’s important to focus solely on yourself (however aggravating it is to see someone else losing 5lbs a week almost effortlessly!), and to take it one day at a time. Although with keto there are “basic rules” to follow, online calculators have NO IDEA what your body needs in terms of calories, and macro percentages. In fact: restricting calories in any way is often detrimental and dangerous.
For myself, I became a happier person eliminating the scale and using photos/clothes/measurements as a basis for progress - not to mention my stress level dropped significantly which made me FEEL better, and my clothes get looser!
It’s one of the most difficult things to do, to LET GO and listen to your body and put the MFP or similar apps away, but THE most beneficial to your physical and MENTAL health.
Your body has some healing to do, and it will hold on to all resources during this time. Once that begins, the weight you seek to lose will follow.
It’s easy to say KCKO, to focus on the NSV’s and how you FEEL - but it is very challenging in practice! And it’s not always easy. But it’s always worth it. Promise :heart:

(Doug) #109

That’s really darn good, Kate. :slightly_smiling_face: Few if any of us would say “only 4 inches lost around the waist.” Lots of other, unseen good things are happening in your body, too.

(kate) #110

Hey everyone!

Little update… I’ve started losing more. I’ve found that my body can go as high as about 50g of carbs per day and still remain in ketosis. So some days I do low carb (aprox 20g) and other days I’ll add some roasted butternut squash or sweet potato… or a banana to my smoothie yummmmmm!!! This broke me out of my rut, I’m definitely still low carb, but I guess the technical term is carb cycling? It’s working for me. I also started eating more and fasting less. I’m now in the 240’s and will definitely be at my goal by spring/summer of next year!

Getting married this weekend!!! :heart::jack_o_lantern::heart:

Thanks for all your help and caring!

(MooBoom) #111

Wonderful news and I hope you have a joyous wedding day!!! :heart:

(Darlene Horsley) #112

Congrats on ALL of your awesomeness!

(Mary) #113

Congratulations!!! Needless to say, we want a pic of you in your wedding dress with that 4" smaller waist…

(kate) #114

You guys rule! Thanks for all your kind words :heart:

I’m going to do the Whole30 after we get back from our honeymoon… it’s pretty similar to how I’m eating now, but no stevia is going to suck! I’ll definitely be doing a lower carb W30. Has anyone else done it? Love to hear your stories/advice!

(Carpe salata!) #115

When I quit sugar, I quit all sweeteners. After a while I didn’t miss them at all.

I don’t know if it’s related to changing tastes, but now I can bite into a lemon segment without wincing, and it tastes refreshing. Do other ppl notice that too?

(Liz ) #116

Oh yes! I’m definitely in that “everything tastes sweeter” camp.

Kate, congratulations and thank you for checking in!
Hope it’s a magical weekend for you -

(Carpe salata!) #118

Yes, I’m sure it will be fabulous too.

Learning to master your metabolism is the second best thing you could ever do!

I’ve done two successful W30s! I think since you were so diligent w Keto you’re going to crush it! Just follow the template and pay attention to your body. I know you said you’ll do a lower carb version, but I would not worry about numbers or anything, just eat from what’s allowed and let yourself relax a bit! Because the (strong) suggestion is three meals and no snacking, and each meal needs to follow the template, planning is crucial. If you have the first two weeks planned and prepped in advance, you’ll cruise.

Whole 30 was my “gateway” WOE to Keto :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Me too!! My second round ended Aug 5 and I basically started Keto at the end of August. It just makes sense!