Something to sop up bone broth?

(Kristen Ann) #1

I can’t think of anything that would ‘absorb’ broth. I think a chaffle would fall apart and be disgusting. Ideas?

A beard.

(Kristen Ann) #3

:rofl:

I used chaffles and they didn’t fall apart unless I just dropped them in the broth…

(Ken) #6

Not really a Sop, but if you bring it to a boil, turn it off, then stir a scrambled egg into it so you have Egg Drop Soup.

(Kristen Ann) #7

Yea I’m a huge fan of this. Although one day I tried it with just egg yolks and the texture was kind of weird. Still tasted good.

I might try overcooked caulirice and see if that will ‘sop’ at all. I wonder if dried vegies like mushrooms would absorb at all…

(Keto Koala 🐨) #8

Your HILLARIOUS FB. That made me laugh so hard. Unfortunately us ladies don’t get to experience the good ol soup catcher. :joy::joy::joy:

(Kristen Ann) #9

This works perfectly to sop up soups & sauces! I made some substitutions to keep oxalates lower. Very easy to make. Also reheated a couple slices in the airfyer to make yummy toast. Only complaint is that alone it tates really coconutty… but I used more coconut than what was in the recipe.

(Bruce Pick) #10

Not to sop it up - but I made a nice soup from broth. Add whatever you like to the broth base.