Some Answers To The "why Am I Not Losing Weight" Questions- Great article from Ketogains

(mole person) #41

The first one was ramping up my intermittent fasting. I initially started with a six hour eating window, but it wasn’t enough to move my fat very much, so as soon as I comfortably could I transitioned to OMAD.

One single meal within an hour with no additional snacks (although I did have a few cups of coffee with heavy whipping cream. More on this soon.). This made the next ten pounds shift off quickly. I then stalled again albeit by then I was already pretty happy with my fat level.

Despite this, I was still experimenting with my diet for some health issues. Giving up dairy at one point started rapid losses again (all those small insulin blips throughout the day with my coffee weren’t helping), as has going nearly zero carb (which I’m currently doing).

I honestly don’t even know where my current set point is, as I continue to lose fat now in spite of giving myself some days where I eat a lot more (usually a second full meal leaving me with total calories on those days sometimes exceeding 2000).

Before I’d consider any of those however, are you snacking at all? Snacks lead to too many insulin blips throughout the day and will hinder fat loss. Also, many people have as their go-to snacks cheeses or nuts. And both of those have very carby effects on appetite. There are many people here who don’t touch either because more than an ounce or two will stall weight loss. So if you are having snacks get rid of those first. Also, if you are having any artificial sweeteners you may want to consider ending that. It is well known that they cause problems for many dieters.

I hope this helps. Good luck to you!

(Diana) #42

So helpful! Thank you!

(Parker the crazy crone lady) #43

I am still new to eating this way, and so don’t have a ton of n=1 experience, so it’s very easy to get confused. This post brings me back to what makes the most sense to me and I thank you for it.

(PJ) #44

@Momof5 worth considering

(Susan) #45

For sure I was not eating enough calories, on my eating days, some days I was just eating a can of salmon by example (that is all I ate Thursday at 3pm before doing this 72 hour fast) and I had to force myself to eat it, as I wasn’t hungry and knew I was going to fast for 72 hours so made myself.

Thanks, I need to remember I need to eat. I am hoping that tomorrow when I break the fast, then eat supper that I will be able to eat more then a few hundred calories. I have no appetite, I have to figure out how to get one, and how to not hate eating is all, working on that =).

This is an excellent video on stalls as well: