So, I tried carni for 3 weeks

(Adriana Ro) #1

Female, 17yo, 82kg

I’ve been keto since January and I am fat adapted as Well. I haven’t lost any weight on keto until I was able to do EF (4 days water fast).
Since May has been (and still is actually) a super stressing month (exams, tests, homework and stuff), I needed to try a WOE that didn’t require too much time planning/cooking meals so I tried carni. Eat meat, drink water: no waste of time!

On carni I have not lost weight, but in 21 days I lost:
Hips: -3cm
Thights: -2.5cm
Waist: -0.5cm
Belly area: -4cm

I think it’s a good result, huh? I love this WOE, it made me feel energetic and focused. I ate between 1800 and 4500kcals/days. (I only ate 4500kcals once, lol. Most days around 2200kcal). I ate around 1/1.2kg of meat per day.
Plus, eating carnivore outside is so easy! Meat is EVERYWHERE. I’m super excited about this WOE and I do feel it is THE woe, the one for me at least.

When it Comes to fasting though, there is a downside to carni: I can’t do EF anymore, nor OMAD. When I was doing keto I could easily fast for 4 days and then eat just one meal a day, now I just can’t, I get super anxious and and end up eating twice a day, everyday. But surprisingly I didn’t Gain weight, which is kinda cool. I still prefer carni over keto though. I’m going to switch back to keto though, for another three weeks and I’ll add dairy (I missed dairy SO MUCH), sweetners and nuts to see if I loose more or Less cm compared to carni and see how I feel overall.

Sorry for my awful English folks. :slight_smile:

P.s. I know that 3 weeks is not enough time to decide if this is the right way of eating for me or not, but my carni experience has been amazing so far

('Jackie P') #2

I wish you well in your adventures! How lovely to be so well educated so young! I was 59 when I came to this WOE and have years of metabolic damage to repair!
Tell me to mind my own business, but I am intrigued by your profile picture and puzzle about it whenever I see it! Would you share what it is?:blush:

(Alec) #3

It’s a ladybird, isn’t it?

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #4

What is carni?

('Jackie P') #5

??? On a hand?

(Alec) #6

Yep, I would say so… :joy::joy::joy:

(Ellenor Bjornsdottir) #7

It’s plant-free.

(Eric - The patient needs to be patient!) #8

So carnivore. Okay. My brain is a little slow this morning. Thanks

('Jackie P') #9

Mmm…:no_mouth:

(Adriana Ro) #10

It’s a friendly ladybug that decided to say ‘hi’ to me :smiley:

('Jackie P') #11

:joy:I can tell you now! It looked like a slightly off centre navel on a loose skinned tummy :joy::joy:
Thank you for putting me straight!
I should of gone to Specsavers :joy::joy:

(hottie turned hag) #12

Ermigod…:face_with_hand_over_mouth: this is me. Also on the missing dairy aspect! I miss cheese like it was a beloved relative :cheese: :sparkling_heart:

Since dropping cheese and veg and eating just meat and eggs going beyond my usual 24h has become difficult whereas formerly it was so easy; I made a thread to that effect I was so annoyed by this.

Not weighing until May 30th but seem to be losing from how I look.

(Edith) #13

I’ve had the opposite. It was very difficult for me to intermittent fast with keto, but it is very easy on keto carnivore.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #14

So a few days back I told you that I was going to give this a go when the delicious produce drawer repurposed for :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese: ran out, and I sabotaged myself when I was shopping and saw a 6.5 lb block of Finlandia Muenster Cheese for $9. I guess it will be three or four extra days before I can start! :rofl::joy::joy::grin::wink::cowboy_hat_face:

(hottie turned hag) #15

@David_Stilley OMG I don’t keep it in the house is the only way I can not eat it.
I keep seeing great coupons, I did buy 5 8oz bricks on a great sale of a kind I only use grated and have it the freezer, for when I am at goal weight, to put on taco meat.

The Galbani fresh mozz I simply cannot have in the house, period.

6.5lb for $9.00 holy cow that’d be hard to pass by :see_no_evil:

If I remember correctly, Adriana’s Italian :it:

@m.Keto.m, so cool that carnivore is working so well for you!

(Adriana Ro) #18

You are correct!

(Karim Wassef) #19

Eating plants on keto basically slows digestion due to fiber fermentation in the gut. This means that while you’re OMAD, you’re really continuing to extract energy from the mass of plant matter for the “fasting” period. That’s why you don’t feel it as much.

Fermentation actually converts the fiber into short chain fatty acid - butyric acid.

Without that fiber fermentation, the body has to access your body fat and that feels different. It’s true OMAD and will force deep fat adaptation. The key is to eat enough fat on your OMAD so your body gets comfortable with burning its own fat when you’re fasting.

(George) #20

Assuming there isn’t enough fat on the meat one is consuming on a carnivore/zero carb experiment, would fat coming from another source (olive oil, etc.) be okay? I’m trying this out on myself, and I’m pretty sure my fat to protein ratio is close to 1:1 with the meals I’ve prepped for the week so far, which is 9ish oz filet mignons cooked in bacon fat, 5 strips of bacon, 2 fried eggs (lightly fried in non-stick spray with a little leftover bacon fat, as I’m omitting butter/all dairy), and some pork rinds. I haven’t plugged all this into my macro tracker but I’m pretty sure I need more fat.

(Karim Wassef) #21

I eat egg yolk, bacon, ghee, cod liver, fatty meats, mayo, cream, cheese and clotted cream. I do use some EVOO too.