So I bought a scale!

(clane) #1

terribly fascinating isn’t it?

I haven’t owned a scale in about 2 years, it was tooooooo depressing. and when my old one died, I just didn’t see the point. My weight had been maintaining in the 285ish region and had been there for years - give or take depending on the day.

So all my macros and so forth I’d guesstimated (thats a word right? :wink: ) when I started in March. - but I haven’t bothered tracking much outside carbs anyhow since then.

I ended up buying a scale this past weekend, more so because I found one on sale that did BMI and other neat stuff , which I thought hey! that seems interesting. And I admit, I was starting to get curious, and… I am working myself up to try some fasting at some point - and finally decided I would need to monitor more if I did.

I weighed myself…
and then died laughing - I’ve been totally guesstimating my weight wrong.

I am almost 50 lbs lighter then I thought I was.
235! I know I know – being excited about weighing 235 is probably a silly thing:)

Although of course now I am a bit sad - because I’ve no idea where I lost those 50 lbs and if it was before or after march:/ Since all my clothes almost fit exactly the same - but I have noticed other changes in body structure.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #2

I am assuming quite a bit was water weight that you lost in March, and then some fat. So keto is working for you! That’s great news, especially the other body changes. Everyone on the forum agrees that body recomposition can be independent of scale weight. I am guilty of weighing myself daily, and am okay with the ups and downs, but a lot of people here just say weigh at intervals, or don’t weigh. I personally find weighing helpful.

(clane) #3

Oh its definitely working, you all are stuck with me now :slight_smile:

Keto has solved some major life-disrupting digestive issues I’ve struggled with for decades - even if I never lose a pound…ever - I’m not going back to what I lived on before. Nope nope.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

I’m starting week nine - finally have an appetite, more energy, and am no longer struggling with digestive issues. I can’t wait to see what another few months brings. And I love the food!

(Liz ) #5

At the higher end & in the beginning I continued to fit into the same size clothes while losing significant scale weight. Then my weightloss stalled but I went down several sizes. It’s wild :smiley:

Accurate metrics are orgasmic!