So I accidentally started keto the 19th of August

(Cynthia Anderson) #1

How do you accidentally start keto right?

I’ve been considering keto for awhile but I was addicted to caffeine and I couldn’t drink a gallon if tea that didn’t have a cup of sugar in it.

I switched to zero calorie flavored water and have been off caffeine for 6 months.

I finally decided it was time to start keto but I was and am scared of keto flu.

I decided to go low carb for 2 weeks before going fully keto.

So day 1 I eat keto all day at the lake saving my carbs for chips when I get home. Instead I had about 8 oz of frozen coffee. I didn’t want carbs when I got home.

The next day same thing I was saving my carbs for dinner. I didn’t want dinner. And so on.

Wed night I felt really bad so I had about 60 grams of carbs at dinner.
I was going to quit keto.

The next day I felt great. Also I thought I was back in mild ketosis after not eating till 4pm so I decided to stick with it.

Last night I kinda blew it again. I was working and had a breaded chicken breast for dinner. Then I had 2 pieces of fried chicken.

No worries kcko right.

So I have 4 questions for now.

Is the hwc just for coffee?
Any good uses for half and half?
How to hanlde being hungry when out and about? PS I don’t like avocado.
Can someone post the most common acronyms and their meaning?

For example hwc=heavy whipping cream.
Woe=way of eating

Three observations
Kerrygold is awesome. Way better than any butter I ever tasted.

I get to eat tortillas!!! My local HEB has carbsmart tortillas that are only 4 net carbs.

No weight loss yet but I’m sure my stomach is already shrinking.

(Cynthia Anderson) #2

Oh stats.
5ft6in
178 lbs.
No yoyo dieting.

Several years ago I weighed 220.
I made lifestyle changes primary I quit drinking 5 glassed of 32 oz sweet tea a day plus a liter of soda a day. I quit eating 2 candy bars and a bag of chips a day. I quit eating a pint or two of ice cream a day.

About 3 years ago I went from drinking a 2 liter of soda a day to drinking a half gallon of tea a day with one cup sugar. Then I switched to water.

So over the years I have lost and kept off about 40 lbs.

(Allie) #3

HWC can be used in lots of ways other that in coffee - tea, keto desserts and other recipes, the list is endless.

Well done, you’re headed the right way for sure and seem to have the right attitude to make good steady progress.

(Laurie) #4

Congratulations on your weight loss and your keto progress!

Is the hwc just for coffee?
Also for low carb desserts (as an ingredient or topping). I like whipping the cream (no sweetener required) and eating it with a spoon, but I think I’m addicted to dairy and shouldn’t do this. In fact I normally use unsweetened almond milk in my coffee.

Any good uses for half and half?
No. Too many carbs. If I’m in a restaurant or someplace I put it in coffee, but that’s once in a blue moon.

How to hanlde being hungry when out and about? PS I don’t like avocado.
If you mean when driving, walking, etc., and you don’t know what food will be available, my go-to is cheese. Two and a half ounces of my favorite Canadian cheddar is 27 grams fat, 0 carbs, 20 grams protein–a perfect meal. Canned sardines are also handy; remember to pack a spoon or fork. Pepperoni or similar snacks; check the label for carbs. Pork rinds.

If you mean restaurants, you can order pizza without the crust, sandwiches/bagels without the bread, burgers without the bun, bacon and eggs without the toast and potatoes, steak and salad without the potato, even spaghetti sauce with meat but without the spag. Most restaurant and fast food workers have heard it all and will make an effort to please you–IF you know what to order (don’t expect them to know what a carb is).

If you’re visiting, it can be a bit tricky because of the social and emotional implications, peer/family pressure, and unwelcome/uninformed remarks. This topic is discussed often here. But basically you can try to find/ask for something edible there, or bring your own food.

Can someone post the most common acronyms and their meaning?
There are so many! Especially for medical conditions and tests, etc. I don’t know most of them either, but I can usually find the answer through Google.

(KetoQ) #5

Half and half is ok, I had six tsp with my coffee this am, only 1.4 carbs.

(Stacy Blanchard) #6

Maybe you will accidentally win the lottery. Good luck.

OMG. Thanks.