So full after eating one meal

(Danial Ficek) #1

So…finished reading the Obesity Code last week and decided to begin IF to break a 45 day plateau. I typically eat a meal in the morning and then drink water the rest of the day. I have found that I just don’t seem to get hungry. The last couple of days, when I eat my meal in the morning, it takes nothing to make me feel full.

My concern is, though I don’t track my calories, I’m sure I’m getting less than 1000 calories per day. Is that enough? Is my body just fueling off the 35% body fat that I carry?

Regarding the plateau, it broke for sure and in one week I’m down five pounds.

(VLC.MD) #2

OMAD is excellent.
Keep riding it as long as possible.
Or try fasting for the best weight loss results/

Yes, keep eating till you’re “full” no matter what the calorie count is. When you’re not hungry, don’t eat…even if that means skipping your normal 1 morning meal. Fat is stored and at 35% you have enough stores to keep going until you feel true hunger. Most people find they have to toy with the protein level to keep full and add a little fat here and there, but don’t slather fat on everything as you want it to come from you adipose stores.

(Allie) #4

I’ve been noticing the same thing with my OMAD days. I always intend to eat a LOT but only manage a small meal and rarely anything else.

(Christopher Avery) #5

Following with interest.

(Richard Hanson) #6

I started eating a calorie restricted ketogenic diet on July 19th, prescribed by my doctor.

Net Carbs < 20 g/day
Protien < 50g /day
Energy < 1000 kcal/day

He also suggested that I include fasting and recommended Dr. Fung as a resource. I love my doctor.

I just pulled a report and since that time I have averaged:

Net Carbs = 12.0 g/day
Protein = 46.4 g/day
Energy = 888.6 kcal/day

Personally, I am not at all concerned about a caloric intake of 1000 kcal/day as I have stored fat deposited to utilize for energy and I am continually in a state of nutritional ketosis. I have not experianced any significant stalls and have lost weight every weak except one where I gained only 0.6 lb. When I got on the scale this morning I was down a total of 64.8 lb.

Your circumstances might be quite different from mine.

Best Regards,
Richard

(Jessica S) #7

Thanks for the insight. This is my concern too as my stats have been like yours. I’ve started one meal a day 3 days ago and generally it’s been
700cal
12-15 carb
60-70 protein
40g fat

My biggest worry is muscle lost as I work hard in the gym for my muscles and hate to lose them.

(Richard Hanson) #8

Hi Jessica,

If your avatar picture is contemporary, then you look great and not even close to being obese. If you don’t have large deposits of body fat then how much energy you can get each day from the body fat you do have is more limited and you will need to eat more fat, exogenous fat.

I am at the point in my keto journey where I am also going to need to start eating more fat. I intended to keep “fasting” two days each week, a true fast at this time, but in the future I think I will need to consume some fat on those days as well to preserve protein.

If I looked as great as you, OK a male version of you that is much younger then am I, I would certainly eat more then 700 kcal/day.

Keto for Life!

Warmest Regards,
Richard

(Vicki Stroud) #9

OK I have a question for you, I am literally not hungry, I am ok with OMAD, BUT, I think it is too soon for me to be fat adapted, even if I don’t drink BPC in the morning I am not hungry till the evening. What are your thoughts about OMAD or IF. And I am full after eating a small amount, I have about 38% Bodyfat

(Ken) #10

Vicki,

What you’re experiencing is one of the neat things about the initial adaptation phase. Your body is very sensitive to leptin, so you’re feeling very sated. The leptin is coming not only from dietary fat, but from your stored fat as well. I felt like that for nearly two years. What I suggest is that you simply adjust your caloric intake so you become hungry when you want to be. That may mean one meal a day, or two, it’s your choice. Go by hunger, it’s the best indicator, rather than someone else’s regimum.

(VLC.MD) #11

It’s really good for you ! Great idea.

(Vicki Stroud) #12

Thanks to you both, the more I read sometimes I just get very unsure! I will just feed my body when it wants, I have plenty of energy and no carb cravings, so, I am good.

(Tiarn) #13

In the last 2 weeks I too have become fat adapted! I did 3 days 16/8 last week with ease and today I have 524 Calories left to eat for dinner but I simply can’t bear the thought of another morsel of food!

@basedketo mentioned not eating too much fat so I can tap into my fat stores? Can someone explain this? Namely, if all the calories I had eaten today were simply my fat quota (with the same calories left as mentioned before), is @basedketo saying I won’t be tapping into my fat stores? Doesn’t make sense to me as I still have a caloric deficit? Can anyone clarify the science? Thank you