Snake Juice

(Thao Le) #1

Look so much like @Brenda’s KetoAide?
Snake Juice’s basic ingredients are water, sea salt and potassium chloride (NoSalt).
Review of Snake Diet (Extended Fast)

Nope. Snake juice tastes terrible. Couldn’t even choke it down. And that dude is a screaming, foul mouthed, fat shaming lunatic.

(What The Fast?!) #3

Also, I don’t think he advocates keto. Here are the basics (as I understand it). Fast as long as possible while drinking Snake juice (basically salt water). Then when you can’t fast anymore, eat a small refeed meal (mostly vegetables, some meat/fat, 4:1 ratio of veg to meat I think?). Then fast as long as possible again. Repeat until you reach your goal weight. I haven’t watched the maintenance videos yet but it includes fasting as well.

I don’t get how this doesn’t tank your metabolism - eat small refeed meals rather than feasting.

I think that guy is a riot. I love it when he says “Hey Fatty” in that Drill Sergeant voice and attitude.

Makes me want to shed some pounds.

i basically have this on my extended fasts as well, add some ice and it’s an amazing drink that keeps hunger low and refreshing

I’ve seen some different versions of it.

The latest was

Well Water
Himalaya Salt
No Salt
Cayenne Pepper

Which do you make or do you have your own version of it.?

(Joe Schuyler) #7

I love Cole’s material for this exact reason. Sometimes he gets a bit preachy on his live YouTube videos, but pobody’s nerfect, of course.

(Allie) #8

Can’t stand the way he talks so haven’t even tried getting past it

lol well water? that’s interesting…

yes i add pink salts, potassium salts, but i’ve never tried cayenne pepper…would that not break a fast?

I looked it up and

This site recommended Cayenne Pepper and Lemon Every Morning
Elivate

This site too.
Chad Waterby

It has 17 calories per Tablespoon and 3gm Carb

I make no judgements because everyone has a different idea of what a fast it. But probably a pure water fast wouldn’t have Chayenne in it.

(Raj Seth) #11

I put Morton’s lite salt in a small bottle of Franks hot sauce. Then I just add some to a bottle of water. Tastes great. Just have to be careful of concentration since too much in a day will pass thru and demand you visit the porcelain god with a sense of urgency!!
I can’t see how that breaks a fast

(Devon Lantry) #13

“Snake Diet” or just regular fasting amidst keto, getting good electrolytes makes a huge difference for me in mental performance. I realized 90 percent of the side effects I thought were from it having food, we’re really not proper minerals and electrolytes. Especially potassium.

There’s a pretty cheap kit, made specifically for the snake diet at neuronimolabs.com

(Bunny) #14

“Snake Diet” Diabetes Warriors: interesting they use the Enkoimetic[2] symbol or Rod of Asclepius[1] wrapped around a fork…lol

Reminds me of Flying Spaghetti Monster

Footnotes:

[1]…54 The significance here of the serpent goes beyond a mere epiphany of a deity or chthonic spirits, and links the patient with primitive, earthly healing processes. As one modern psychotherapist observes: Snakes are a common symbol of transcendence the emergence from darkness into light. In psychological terms, transcendence implies particularly the movement from the unconscious into the consciousness. When the snake is present in a patient’s dream work, earth powers in particular, instinct, the body, sensuality, sexuality, the feminine, the mystical, the irrational are coming forward into the light of conscious awareness. …More

Brazen Serpent of Moses: …And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life. - John 3:14, 15

[2] …restful alertness trance or mild psychedelic induced trance to extract meaningful (dreams) vision quests e.g. oracles of Delphi or Bronchus like that studied by Nostradamus “De Mysteris Egyptorum” written by Melchia…

The guy appears to be a complete and utter jackass. Can’t see how anyone could or would want to watch any of his videos.

(Muhammad Nasim) #16

Love this guy. The youtube persona is clearly exaggerated to get some key points across. I do wonder whether his placement of fasting over keto/lhcf/atkins/etc is correct. Am inclined to think he’s right and anyone who can should be fasting regularly.

(Rose Camacho Contreras) #17

I agree. It keeps me going. I don’t suffer from hunger or keto flu. I am not always crazy for the taste of snake juice, and wish I could do something to make it taste better, but drinking it iced helps make it more palatable. Any ideas for improving the taste are appreciated (I do not use chemical artificial sweeteners).