Slight weight gain

(Ketoviking) #1

I’ve been on KETO for about a month now and so far I’ve lost 22lbs. This morning I was up a little under 2lbs. I’m not freaking out I just want to have some of the oldies here give a little advice. This week I did consume a good bit of DIET Dr.Pepper. I have remained with in my macros at almost zero carbs each day, no more than 5. However I have consistently eaten out and mostly had wings usually lemon pepper or vinegar and salt at different establishments (it’s been a wild week schedule wise). I’ve also had an omelet each morning all meat but with some sausage and pepperoni mixed in. I also have not fasted a single day after almost 2 weeks straight of 19:5 fasting with a 24hour fast mixed in last week. Am I just shocking my body. Could this be water retention due to salt? I’ve also started walking between 3-5 miles each night. Again I’m not freaking out because I’ve seen so many talk about the scale is your enemy. However I only weigh once a week and next week I don’t want to jumb on there and have melt down because I’m 5lbs up instead of moving down. I’ll even take a stall at this point.

(Michelle) #2

That is wonderful - 22 lbs in a month! I can only speak for myself, but 2-3 lb variation is very normal. Slow digestion, a little water retention, muscle inflammation from beginning to exercise. There are many reasons you could be +2 lbs - probably not fat!

(Chris) #3

Weight fluctuates, a few pounds in a day is pretty normal. KCKO.

(Ketoviking) #4

Thanks y’all. You confirmed what I was kinda already thinking. My weight before I started KETO would fluctuate a few lbs each week, however I’ve never done a WOE this focused and analytical. My clothes are still feeling looser so that’s a plus.

(Allie) #5

Weight goes up and down, that’s normal, but those artificial sweeteners can mess some people up.

(Ketoviking) #6

10-4 I was just reading about those on here earlier. I think I’ll just resolve to stick to Coffee and Water and the occasional unsweetened tea.

(Michelle) #7

Artificial sweeteners do a number on me. Chemically and psychologically. I can tell my insulin responds because I can feel my blood sugar feeling especially low after a sugar free mint or a crystal light sort of drink. This and the psychological aspect of drinking something really sweet makes me hungry the rest of the day.

(Carl Keller) #8

Might be best to measure in weeks or months since that’s often how we gain. Here’s one weight loss graph that exemplifies how ups and downs are to be expected.

(Pete A) #10

CONGRATS on your excellent progress. A 2 pound weight gain is normal. My weight regularly fluctuates 3-4 pounds up and down…

You’re doing fine.