Skin Magic?

(karen) #1

I’ve had a discoloration on my leg for about 8 years. My dermatologist’s assistant calls it actinic keratosis but that’s what she called every dot and spot on my body. This spot is raised and looks more like a strawberry birthmark, a bit bigger than a quarter. It had started to grow a little and I was getting a bit uneasy, was going to mention that on my next visit. I looked down today when bathing and … it’s more or less GONE, just a couple of pink spots in an area smaller than a dime. GONE! Like, WTF, it was just suddenly Not There, when it was there last week. Is keto known for this kind of magic??

Discussion NOT about losing weight
(Ron) #2

Many have said that their skin tags have dried up and disappeared (and I can personally vouch for that) so it doesn’t surprise me. It’s great isn’t it?:joy::grin:

(Ken) #3

I used to have very rough, dry patches on my elbows. They’ve long since disappeared . My son used to get very “ashy” in the Winter. That’s been taken care of also.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #4

I’m hoping. What is the explanation for them drying up and disappearing.

(Ron) #5

Speculation at best but I tend to lean towards the reduction of inflammations within the body.:thinking::pensive:

(Jane) #6

I read your post yesterday… and this morning when I was driving in to work I noticed a small patch of dry, flaky skin on the back of my right hand. I was driving into the rising sun so couldn’t see clearly what it was.

When I stopped at a red light I brought my hand close to my face and I was amazed that it was one of my brown spots (I call them “age spots”) was peeling off and there was pink skin underneath!

I am on Day 4 of a “fat fast” I am trying out so technically should not be in autophagy but being in ketosis is definitely healing my skin! My dermatologist told me there was nothing she could do about them. Boy, was SHE wrong!

:grinning::grinning::grinning:

(Teresa (turtle)) #7

Well, there wasn’t anything that SHE could do about them but there was certainly something YOU could!! Awesome! :smile:

(karen) #8

Awesome! I’m very dotted and speckled, very interested in seeing if this trend continues. I do also have a few new spots that sound like what people call keto rash - a very mild case if that’s what it is - so keeping an eye on that as well. I’m actually finding my N=1 of keto WOE fascinating!

(Jane) #9

I’ve had 2 age spots peel off with pink skin underneath.

My husband swears I look younger because my skin has improved so much. He says the bluish spider veins - not varicose - the tiny ones - have disappeared from the backs of my calves. I can’t see them so never noticed.

Still have some on the sides I can see so will be watching them in the next few months.

GO KETO!!!

(linda) #10

Another skin success!
My cystic acne has cleared up - assuming it’s from hormones being stabilized from KETO.

Very pleased!!

(Aimee Moisa) #11

Oh my gosh! I just read your comment, checked my skin tag, and it’s GONE! I know it was there three weeks ago before I started keto 'cause I had a derm appt and now it’s just gone! OMG WTF?!?

(Bunny) #12

Also good for varicose veins:

1. Grape seed extract: This antioxidant compound has been traditionally used for the treatment of varicose veins and CVI, and has also been shown to help maintain a healthy blood pressure and reduce swelling in the legs. …More
  1. Grape seed extract is commonly prescribed in France for varicose veins and other vascular problems. …More
  1. 7 Pine Bark Extract Benefits You Won’t Believe
  1. Antioxidant activity and analysis of proanthocyanidins from pine (Pinus densiflora) needles
  1. Grape Seed Extract: Polyphenol oligomeric proanthocyanidin complexes: Vitamin C, Pine Bark, Turmeric, Bilberry Extract, Ginkgo Biloba Extract and Vitamin K, Green Tea, Hops (Humulus Lupulus)