Site Activity

(Ellen) #61

Looks like it could be something to do with a link Claudia used that doesn’t seem to show up on screen?

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #62

I removed the link from my post… seems the multiple file thing has stoped since then. really sorry… I have no idea what caused the bug… I had shared this link before…

(Ellen) #63

No worries :grinning:

(Bob M) #64

You need a password program, like LastPass. I have way too many passwords to remember, and they’re all like Xc!r4hK$ now.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #65

A data security expert interviewed a few years ago on NPR actually recommended writing your passwords down and keeping the list right next to your computer, lol!

I have a cleverly disguised file on my hard drive. If it were always up to date . . . :smile:

ETA: I don’t believe the “expert” actually used the words “taped to your monitor,” however. :rofl:

Ellen, I re-posted that link in a code shell, so it wouldn’t try to hyperlink it.

Tell me if it tries to download a file again.

(Ellen) #67

Hi Darren, got another one of those swf download things, think due to the below post, seems to be ketodietapp videos

Continuing the discussion from Consistency Is Key:

Is it still happening?

Mine won’t do it anymore. I thought @Jezza changed the link.

It’s happening with links from that website.

Paging @Elle79

(Ellen) #69

Hasn’t happened again yet but will let you know. Maybe I caught if just before Jezza changed the link.

Yeah, same happened to me.

It looked like she was trying to use embed code from the website “share here” feature or something, but then it just changed to a hyperlink, and my browser stopped trying to download anything.

But I told the browser to block the download, so I wasn’t sure if it was still trying to, and my browser was just blocking it, or if it really had changed.

Opened it up in a different browser, and no attempts to download.

So I think we just noticed it early before it was changed.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #71

The tortilla recipe has a demonstration video, which none of the other recipes have. Since that’s the only apparent difference between that page and other recipe pages on that site, I believe it has something to do with that video.

No there’s a YouTube video at the bottom of the post.

I think it has to do with an embedding feature that site uses for sharing.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #73

Yep. Definitely something to do with video embedding.

(Ellen) #74

Hope I’m not stepping on anyones toes but I moved a few posts out of chat to what I thought were better places.

(Cindy) #75

We need a “not losing” category under newbies. Then, all those threads could be moved there and maybe, just maybe, they’d read some before posting their own. But even if not, it might be helpful to have them all in one place?

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #76

Oh, did I do something that wasn’t allowed? I don’t even know what a hyperlink is. I just copied the thing so that people could see the photo and recipe and make sure I was giving credit to the recipe creator. Is no good?

Didn’t do anything wrong. I would just copy and paste the link at the top of your web browser, in the future.

What you did is working fine.

Did you change that from a picture to a link?

*Jamie quietly sneaks away to move posts into correct categories… oops

(She had one feck to give and that feck is gone.) #79

Yeah, I always just guess how to do these things. I did something the first time that didn’t seem to be showing up in the post, then I remembered to just copy and paste the link…I think :thinking:.
Anyway, as long as I didn’t break the forums with my ineptitude :pleading_face:

(Running from stupidity) #80

I edited the WIKI a couple of hours ago to add a “not instant weight-loss fad diet” dot point.