Site Activity

(Doug) #1

13 threads with activity in the last hour, right now. This is the lowest I’ve seen in 2019, and I think it reflects an easing-off of the increased traffic due to New Year’s resolutions and “new diet” interest. It has usually been 18 or more during the past month, and as high as 29, that I’ve noticed.

Yep, I expected to see a large influx of curious New Year’s dieters. Man have found it either too tough of a WOE or expected immediate results. The usual suspects are still around though.

I wonder if we’ll see another uptick at the three month mark? Those that have given it more of a red hot go :thinking:

(Carl Keller) #4

And the unusual ones too. :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #5

How many of them are “I’ve been OK keto for 12 minutes and haven’t lost the 34kg I need to lose for a competition at work” though?

(Frank) #6

So so so many.

(Cindy) #7

I’m very proud of myself…I refrained from posting on that one.

(Running from stupidity) #8

Or the other one - “I had half a biscuit and now I don’t know if I can ever do keto again, but I’m making a thread about it anyway!”

(Doug) #9

You know - I don’t mind that one. Hey, let him have some fun with it…

(less is more, more or less) #10

I’ve noticed, too, but I can’t say I’m troubled by it. It seems we are maintaining the same ratio of poorly formed “I’m keto©, I swear, BUT…” newbie posts. I’ve noticed, in general, that Carl Franklin has been changing things around in his podverse. I’m wondering if those changes will ripple, here?

(Doug) #11

Things always change, in the end. Yet there’s such an enormous pool of people who will be finding their way to ketogenic eating, for many years…

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #12

I think there will be another influx after the gray sky lifts and people remember that summer and bathing suits come next. Thankfully I got an early start (last fall) and I hate the sun and the drunk idiots at the pool I have access to.

(Doug) #13

Hahahahaa!!

I’m a newbie and still here. Four weeks and doing good. Learning a lot, thanks to all of you and your past threads. I just don’t feel like I am advanced enough to really post much. :slight_smile:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

Reading is good! More reading less posting :cowboy_hat_face:

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #16

Feel free to share your experiences. I like to preface things with “For me” or “In my experience” and then you can join the conversation…if you want. Reading and lurking is good also :grinning:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #17

I love comments and posts from people who read! Please feel free to jump in.

(Doug) #18

We are all new at one time or another, and some of us still have the same problems as when we began. :wink: It’s sometimes easy to get impatient with new people, even perhaps as we need extreme patience with ourselves. :blush:

One cannot have too thin of a skin on forums, yet this one is literally the nicest one I have ever been on, in 22+ years, many tens of thousands of posts, and about 18 crillion posts read.

(squirrel-kissing paper tamer) #19

No doubt! When new folks claim this is a mean forum I want to push them into the great FB sea.

“That’s not Keto”

“1500 calories is way too much”

“Your plate should be completely veggies, Dr. Berg said so”

“When can I cheat?”

Kill me.