Simply Steady September - 30 day Carnivore Way of Eating - 2023

(Robin) #221

Eggsactly

Are you saying there can be too much cheese?

(Geoffrey) #223

Absolutely, depending on the person. If I eat too much cheese too often I will notice some inflammation in my hands and joints and it’s also a trigger food for me. I can easily eat more that I should so I keep it at a minimum which is generally just once a week. I’m careful with yogurt and sour cream for the same reasons.
Some people have no issues and that’s great but others just can’t process dairy products.

:rofl:

So we go for eggs in October? My kind of month name, whatever it will be! I feel tempted to go heavier on eggs but nope, I want to lose some fat on October. September wasn’t good.
I eat little dairy, focus on lean meat and it’s not good enough, I need to focus on keeping my eggs to the minimum. Comfortably so if I want 8-12 on some days, so be it but I don’t need many on average anymore. Those days are gone. I can eat a lot of meat every day now. Not enough to skip my eggs (or maybe I could but don’t want, eggs are lovely) but the focus is on meat now instead of eggs and dairy like before.

nods It may be true for multiple reasons. Some people can eat it without limits, of course. Even I now as it’s easy. I aim for zero every day and I am very close.
My problem with dairy is that I can’t afford all that fat, I overeat. Dairy doesn’t satiate me well or at all. Maybe quark works as it’s so low-fat and protein rich but cheese isn’t satiating for me.
I still eat dairy but if I do my best to minimize all dairy (comfortably, no force ever), I will end up with the right, modest amount. Cheese is easiest for me to skip (when I don’t want cheese whisps) so I almost completely do that now. But I trained myself to use sour cream only when I really need it in a dish. Cream and milk is where I am somewhat careful but don’t minimize it. Merely use egg milk to avoid using too much in coffee… As I don’t seem to be able to quit the stuff (but won’t give up).
This is quite individual.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #225

Who am I to diss a Brie? :rofl::rofl:

(Or were you just egging him on?)

I usually check in with @Karen18 Karen, and how, over time, it seems natural on carnivore, to ease the cheese.

Cheese dreams are made of this…

Are we channeling a Eurythmics song?

Source (cheese source): http://www.amiright.com/parody/80s/eurythmics21.shtml

(Karen) #227

I’m sorryi just disa brie
the best cheese come from over here!

(Karen) #228

@FrankoBear i haven’t eaten cheese or mayo since 7th sept and i have just noticed, this morning that i haven’t got that urine odour i have had for so long!

@Geezy56 i don’t think you will ever feel that way about steaks… i sometimes don’t enjoy my burgers (beef) or mince (,ground) i guess it may be because of the other bits that go into them. Steak is just pure beef so it is the quality that affects it if anything.

Well i had a breakthrough yesterday at the afternoon Tea Dance in Lichfield. No wobbliness no off balance no teetering dancing with the other guys! Wow it felt so nice and i was wearing heels, yay! Only taken 7 weeks :roll_eyes: so maybe I have come through the other side. Just need to build my CV again… AGAIN :roll_eyes:

I had 2 burgers and streaky bacon for brunch before going to Lichfield and dinner of 3 thinnish sirloin steaks followed by some streaky bacon for dinner when i got home.

(Judy Thompson) #230

Wow, cool video. Didn’t know Tim Minchin but a fine musician! I’ll listen to more of him. Cheese!

A little food-

Tenderloin after sous vide

Silver Diner breakfast

Evening snack

Looks like I’ve been mostly absent this month while traveling but all good on the carni front. The other day our Bolivian friends had us in for a surprise lunch when we stopped by, we were expecting to go out. Her meat was over baked and very tough and dry. I think the veggies were probably better. I explained in pigeon Spanish that I eat meat for health, that I dearly love vegetables but choose not to eat them. So I ate a dry chicken breast and a strappy beef rib and drank some good Bolivian coffee. Her daughter is my violin student and her husband is renovating our house. It’s always good to see them.
When we eat at home I have my sous vide beef tenderloin roast which I love to buy in VA since I can’t get it in TX. In the evenings I have my liverwurst and smoked cheese. But, lots of restaurant food this trip as there’s so much on the schedule.
A pork tenderloin I got was full of yucky preservatives so I’m just making hubby eat it, he likes it.
Yesterday we joined neighbors at IHOP for a late breakfast, I had their smoked breakfast, added an egg so 3 eggs and 2 links of polish sausage. Link sausage is increasingly fakey to me so I gave most of that to the neighbors for their dogs. (My dog wouldn’t eat it.)

@SecondBreakfast I love your farm stories! Would love to see a pic of the baby bull and all those half wild turkeys! What a surprise to have so many new residents in the barnyard. And I hope your leg is better. I have broken 1 bone ever and it took years to heal.
Love the egg theme for Eggtober and the pun fling! And the Eurythmics parody @FrankoBear.
@Karen18 glad you’re finally back on your feet! Creepy that the virus had to bring up stroke symptoms. That virus is a nasty one. Glad you’re on the other end of it, and your food looks amazing as always. If I ever get back to England I’m coming to your house!

We leave here Monday so we can play our regular steakhouse and winery circuit next weekend. Today I’m playing a wedding and tomorrow I get to see my lovely daughter on her aerial silks!
Too quick a trip.

He grew up in my home town. Mrs. Bear’s school girl girlfriends used to chase him around school dances.

LOVE THE EGG-TOBER theme! And how appropriate! The chickens we incubated in the basement in March/April are now laying 1-2 eggs a day EACH! :joy:

(Judy Thompson) #233

That’s hilarious!

Okay…. Had to figure this out on my phone… meet ZekeUploading: 59D1F4C8-D277-4376-9429-45D540FF9D0E.jpeg…

(Geoffrey) #235

Went deer hunting this morning, opening day of deer season here. Saw several but most were too young for to take and the one mature doe that I would have been willing to take just wouldn’t give me an opportunity for a shot. Oh well, that’s why they call it hunting and not killing. I’ll try it again in the morning.
This morning I was out of tea so I fixed a bulletproof coffee. I haven’t had coffee in three months but it tasted good in bulletproof fashion. Unfortunately my stomach has been upset all day. I don’t know if it was the coffee or not.
When I got home I ate four scrambled eggs. That didn’t help so after feeding the livestock I fixed a peppermint tea. That seems to be helping a bit.
After not getting a deer this morning I decided that I still wanted venison so I seared some venison stew meat for one of last years deer.
IMG_8903

After a good sear it’s in the crockpot with some bone broth and some salt. It’ll ready in about three hours.

And the finished product. Since version is such a lean meat I added about a half a stick of butter.

Hey everyone. Great efforts in carnivore lifestyle for September!

Maybe make a note on how well or not you feel at this milestone.

I’m not sure that many of you could get much healthier. I’ve got some catching up to do.

Then we will take the chat over to the October 2023 thread.

(Robin) closed #237