Shrimp and Bacon Medley

bacon
shrimp

Here’s a very simple dinner. Even if you take a package of shrimp out of the freezer, just let them sit in a bowl of water for 15 minutes and they will defrost lickity split! Dinner on the table in 30 minutes! Seriously!

First chop up some bacon and put in a cold pan

Crank up the heat and let the bacon fry and render it’s grease. Cook to desired level - I aimed to get the bacon to the same tenderness of the flesh of cooked shrimp (my preference)

When bacon is done to your preference, remove from pan. Then quickly throw in the raw shrimp, right into the hot bacon grease. Add ground pepper and dried rosemary (no salt needed)

It only takes the shrimp about 4 minutes to cook, evidenced by change in colour and texture

Throw the bacon back in, and mix to get a nice coating of bacon nectar all over the shrimp

Immediately transfer to dish, careful not to over cook the shrimp. With a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, the flavour is divine!

32 day ZC Variable Protein Test
(Christopher Hodge) #2

I’m going to make this for dinner tonight! Looks amazing!

(Scott Shillady) #3

Wow, That’ looks amazing, I Think I will try that this weekend :bacon::fried_shrimp:

Wow…a shrimp emoji? Cool!!! :fried_shrimp::thumbsup:

Do you devein them first? Is that even important?

I bought them pre-deveined.

But, to answer your question, it is not necessary to devein them…you can devein while eating them. A bit of a pain in the butt, though. I like to eat without much grief.

Thanks…might as well shell them while deveining then! Easy eats are grrreat!

I’ve been filing this one away as something to whip up on vacation when family was making a carb heavy meal. Tonight was the night for bacon and shrimp medley, and it was fantastic! Thank you for the recipe; the rosemary, pepper, and lemon juice was perfect with it! So satisfying. And for dessert I had ADIDAF earthquake cake. Wowzers, what a night!