Should I eat small portions frequently or large portions more infrequently?

conversationstarters
newbies
fasting

(Aimee Moisa) #21

I always welcome more discussion, even on older posts. Not like this one is that old! :slight_smile:

I watched a few Dr. Fung videos yesterday and I completely understand now about the benefits of allowing the “wider swings between highs and lows”. Dr. Ken Barry also points out that we have a gallbladder just for purpose of dealing with huge saturated-fat-filled meals interspersed between periods of fasting. It makes a lot of sense. I could have figured it out myself because lately I’ve been thinking A LOT about how our ancestors out on the savanna must have been eating, but I was just contemplating the rarity of high carb foods on a yearly cycle instead of the rarity of all food on a daily cycle and I missed putting that particular two-plus-two together that way.

(traci simpson) #22

I just watched a video this morning from Thomas DeLauer (YouTube)and he states not eating at all in between meals. If insulin is spiked, even by like a small peanut, there is no gradient, it’s either on or off and that one peanut that triggers can put you in absorption phase and swells the fat cells literally making us fat. I may not be explaining it like he did but check out his video.

('Jackie P') #23

As I understand it, fat on its own doesn’t spike insulin which is why people drink bulletproof coffee in the day. It helped me when I first started but I rarely drink it now.