Should I be worried about not getting enough calories in IF

(Janet) #1

I started Keto 2.5 weeks ago. I struggled the first week getting under the 20 g carbs but now I hit macros just fine.
I have lost 13 lbs so far.
I started IF last week and it has been super easy.
I eat once a day at dinner, because that is what my body seems to be happy with. I consume what feels like tons of food (70 g protein, under 20 g carbs and the rest fat) and its just kissing 980. 1100 if I try really hard.
I feel so ichy after eating so much food. And then my tummy feels all acidic for the rest of the night.
Is it just noob stuff?
Should I pound more cheese?
I could keep this up indefinitely but I wonder if I should be worried about my metabolism dropping and getting enough nutrients?
Thoughts? Suggestions?
If it is what it is then so be it, I just really dont want to gain 5 lbs if I decide to eat lunch one day.

IF supposedly has compound effects with exercise. So if you have free time, run sprints and/or lift heavy weights before dinner. Personally I would not do IF during the workweek everyday due to brain fog, but it depends on how well you react. You may be able to handle something like bulletproof coffee at the lunch hour during the week for energy.

(Janet) #3

Thanks for the input!
I will try the bulletproof at lunch, I never thought of that :slight_smile: