Shawn Baker on Joe Rogan Experience

Just a heads up to people here. You might want to check out the podcast from yesterday. It was very interesting. While I’d love to hear an interview with Shawn Baker with the 2 keto dudes, the Joe Rogan Experience has the luxury of a possible 3 hour (in this case 2 hour) interview.

(Chris) #2

I listened last night, was good as usual. Joe always asks challenging questions. I do wish Dr. Baker went into more detail for the listeners about not caring for blood work, it’s a hot topic.

Also despite following for a few months, this was the first I heard of his license being taken away and that he’s living on savings. Hope his stuff works out.

(Erin Macfarland ) #3

I love listening to this guy. He convinced me to go all out carnivorous, and wow, I have never felt better.

(Damon Chance) #4

Keto connect guys interviewed him a few weeks ago and I didn’t hear him mention that either. They are pretty weak interviewers this early in their podcasts though so it doesn’t surprise me they didn’t get that nugget out there.

(Chris) #5

While I agree with you, I’ve listened to quite a few of his interviews and I could be wrong but this may be the first time it came up.

(Damon Chance) #6

Joe will pull it out of them… also long interviews tend to do that.

(Keto in Katy) #7

(Ryan Roman) #8

Who’s license was taken away? And what liscense?

(Chris) #9

Shawn Baker, and I believe his medical license. Listen to the episode it’s in there.

(Keto in Katy) #10

Sounds like he got sideways with folks who don’t like his unprofitable methods of treating people.

(KetoCowboy) #11

Yup–seems like a variation on the Gary Fettke theme. Orthopedic surgeon says, “Hey, instead of hiring me to amputate your foot, how 'bout you eat fewer carbs?”
But instead of getting push-back from a dietary trade association, he gets push-back from his own industry sector.

I keep hearing about Shawn Baker and how many people tried out carnivore or keto due to him, and finally got around to listening to this podcast episode. (never listened to Joe Rogan before)

I was surprised how much of the episode was devoted to the saga of Dr Baker’s medical license. From his account, he really got railroaded by the business side of the medical establishment. Now I’m curious – does anyone know how this turned out?

Last I read he lost (voluntarily relinquished?) his license but was invited to seek reinstatement. According to his website he is an MD, so maybe he got it back. Pretty sure regulators frown upon people falsely holding themselves out as MD’s and he appears to have been under a lot of scrutiny. So, my hunch he got it back. He posted some videos on YouTube on this issue, too, I believe. Haven’t watched them.

https://www.shawn-baker.com/about/

Wow! Thanks for the quick response. From the Joe Rogan podcast in Dec 17, it sounded like he expected to be invited to apply for reinstatement.

I was curious enough to do a quick search, but not enough to watch videos, which is why I asked here. Interesting guy, regardless.

For what it’s worth, according to New Mexico’s MD database, he’s still in voluntary surrender status. Who knows. Interesting guy indeed. Certainly passionate about his belief, which I admire.

http://docfinder.docboard.org/nm/

(bulkbiker) #16

I thought he was based in New York?

(Chris) #17

Baker? He had his license in New Mexico. I believe he lives in CA right now, however. Could be wrong, haven’t followed him too closely for quite some time. His content is very much focused on the constant newb questions from beginners and my time is limited.

(bulkbiker) #18

You may well be right… I just recalled hearing something about him living in NY but that could equally be complete and utter [spoiler]bollocks[/spoiler]…me being a limey etc…

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #19

The MD refers to his degree, which is (usually) forever. Licensing is a different thing.

(Chris) #20

lol, kind of out of recent podcasts to listen to so I decided to revisit the OG Rogan/Baker interview. What a year it has been.

Coincidentally I hit the 110lb lost mark today.