Sh!t

(Daniel C.) #1

Hy. I dont know about you but im into 23th hr fasting right now and i dont really like it. Wtf should i do or contiune? I plan for fasting one day more. Help

(Michelle) #2

If you feel bad, then stop. That is the first rule of fasting!

(Daniel C.) #3

I dont feel bad. I just don t like it. Any shortcut?

(Autumn Sangra) #4

Try to stay busy. It sucks before it gets better!

(Evan) #5

Fasting can be really troublesome and uncomfortable if you haven’t fasted in the past. My first few times fast I did a few days of IF of 18 hours to get a feel and see how my body handled the fast. The biggest thing is to be fat adapted when doing fasting. When your fat adapted your hunger should be much lower. If you feel bad or you don’t like it then stop. Make sure you take some bone broth to keep up on your electrolytes.

If you want to give fasting a try and ease into try a few rounds of IF first.

Good luck and keep us posted.

My response is destined to incite a riot on the forum but here goes … So you could try either some MCT oil (e.g. Brain Octane) or exogenous ketones (e.g. Ketocana). I am not sure how the heck to describe this but (fasting is probably not the right terminology for this forum although historically fasting just means going without something) every other week I don’t eat for 48 hours (sometimes up to 72) but will use drink Bulletproof coffee and use Ketocana (especially if I’m playing tennis). But I agree, even when doing the aforementioned, if I don’t feel right I stop. I don’t exactly have a lot of excess fat to work with being 6’1" and 175. Like my grandma used to say “get down like you get down” meaning do what works / feels good to you.

(Daniel C.) #7

Thanks for replies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2,4-Dinitrophenol , anybody?

Not sure where you are time of day wise. I would add another sleep, purely because that racks up a lot more hours, then break it. There is no point pushing it if you really hate it unless maybe you think this is the last time you are going to do it and then maybe go for it!

Don’t like it in what way?

(Daniel C.) #10

I should mention :slight_smile: sorry

IF SUCKS 4 me

I do ketogenic diet for over 4 months( again) and If here and there becouse i hate it, others cannot do it without prescribed drugs , so i can fast but i just hate it, im not a fasting guy i wuld rather take anu diet but staying into caloric deficit rather than if. Or more calories wich i mean a keto diet

Sorry for the poor qualitty EN

If you don’t like it, don’t do it. It is not obligatory and not actually a part of keto. It goes really well with it and many fall into it naturally and love it but you DON’T have to and you have not fails at keto if you never fast again. Promise. x

Yea, what Daisy said.

(Crow T. Robot) #13

I always thought that was the 3rd rule.

The first two being, of course, ‘Do not talk about Fast Club’.

:grinning:

(Daniel C.) #14

You cannot have natural( not supplementation) ketones in your unless you are catabolic, and not that catabolic becouse of the growth hormone ( also not the injecting version, the one made by the pituitary gland) so with other words fasting doesnt require hours and hours of not eating , lets say you eat 1999kcals just SUGAR and you need 2000 to maintain your weight in one given day, you are still be able to loose weight, YOU ARE, this is backed up by the science , but the problem is when you want to choose the if wich sucks but works or counting calories wich is better personal for me , either the ketogenic diet. Most of us hate the IF becouse after that we overeat and not good foods even paleo aprooved foods but mostly carbs.

You cannot have ketosis without the IF in natural conditions lets say by not using that DNP wich is an other other topic ( wich i created :d) im hoping that i made by point, i really don t want to missguide anybody and please anybody willing to critique my words go ahead, i need to know more

Again mind my EN :stuck_out_tongue:

(Craig) #15

No riot. All friends here.

(Alex Dipego) #16

If IF sucks you may not be accessing your fat. I would take a closer look at what you’re eating and be honest with yourself.

Normally 24~ hrs sucks, but not because it’s bad for you, but because the body wants food. The body speeds the metabolism up because it wants food and get your energy up to go get it.

(Daniel C.) #17
  1. The doing itself dont suck. Allready said that about how is feels like, results are great
  2. Becouse it s all about kcals in versus kilocalories out, without the fast itself you may not enter into ketosis therefor lossing bodyfat and not really bodyweight unless you go to a lypo clinic.
  3. There are no different genetic excluding the 4 main groups( red skin,white black &yellow) for example chinesse fellows handle more better the carbohydrate than the blacks or whites, followed by the red skin( no racism intended) so this "diet "- the keto diet/ optimyzed biohacked lyfestyle works better than anything else( even than the moderation-i know how its like to be fat fu@@ on a normal 'well balanced " diet preached by the nowdays so called doctors.
  4. Any mistake that i ve made excluding my gramar ( again) , please let me know.

KETO ON !

(eat more) #18

do a forum search for “CICO”, the search results will explain far better than i can that it’s about hormones not calories

you can absolutely be in ketosis without fasting…many people never fast :blush:

(Daniel C.) #19

I never said that the only way to loose calories is to count them. Ever. In every single post not once. If i did, my brain (?) probablly collapsed at the time. Losing bodyfat counts on Leptin then anything else when its comes down to the state of the mind. What melts the fat is the Insuline thing or to be more preciselly the human growth hormone and i talking about the natural one, but thats more likelly to be in your odds only when u don t have more than 28-35 or if you re a genetic freak ip to 70 grams of carbs( excluding the probablity of using AAS or other hormones or even fat burners)

Long short line it will alwways be at least for me - STOP COUNTING THE CALLORIES , INSTEAD START COUNTING THE CARBS.

Pff… This poor grammar is killing me( of mine thinking about myself)

(eat more) #20

maybe you meant something else?