Semi NOOB Faster

('Jackie P') #21

Are you in the UK? I am and I use double cream or whipping cream. I have had it curdle rarely but that is a warning to me that it is going off!
You need to make Keto work for you and work the things into your plan that you enjoy.
I tend to eat OMD or TMD, but I do have coffee with cream during the day. My weight loss is starting to slow down so I’m looking at tweaks, but personally, I don’t do extended fasts, I enjoy my meals and am happy to lose slower! There are many ways to do Keto. The main thing is to enjoy it!:slight_smile:

(DARREN) #22

I am NI.

I have lost 1 stone since starting keto 10 weeks ago. It has slowed down considerably. Once I noticed I wasn’t hungry and would effectively have to force myself to eat so I get in my Macros ( i Lift weights 3 x week) I thought I would trow in a 24hr fast on a Thursday as I dont train it. The Fast is super easy, I find for me!!

Keto has enabled me to stop using the little Blue sweeteners (hermacetas) I think they where called. I used to take 2 x in every coffee. I had tried stopping them before I started Keto, but I couldn’t shake my sweet tooth. Keto has made me less needy of sweet things. And allowed me to come off sugar and sweeteners

My goodness, if you’re not hungry you don’t have to eat. Eat some protein if you’re lifting, but never feel like you HAVE to “meet your macros”. Somebody posted (something like) this recently; carbs are a suggestion with a maximum allowed, protein should be a goal based on body weight, and then fat til your full.

The fat to protein ratio usually works itself out automatically if you just keep your carbs down and only eat when truly hungry.

('Jackie P') #24

Haha I should have got that from your name! My Brother and his family live in Dungannon!

(Allie) #25

Don’t eat when you’re not hungry. That’s part of how keto works, you need less food.

(Anne Brodie) #26

There must be two types then. What I buy is thick like this: https://www.englishteastore.com/british-store-cream-tea.html?msclkid=cbd252713a091ec36a900f67110dc325&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=ETS%20-%20British%20Food&utm_term=double%20devon%20cream&utm_content=Devon%20Cream

(Robert C) #27

You can avoid this debate completely by making your OMAD meal a morning meal (along with your Latte). Just something to try for a few weeks to see the difference.

(Allie) #28

That’s clotted cream, it’s a completely different product. Devon cream teas specifically use clotted cream, not regular double cream.

(Anne Brodie) #29

Double cream is also on that page. I get both from a local store. Clotted is thicker (higher fat %) than double but neither that I get are pourable. Several recipes for how to make at home also show it looking like whipped butter. In response to your comment I looked further and also see some that does look pourable and I understand that is what you are talking about. My point was only that thicker cream (pourable or not) can float around in pools until stirred but not be curdled.

(Allie) #30

You can get extra thick double cream, but it still pours. If you have a product that is labelled as double cream but is thick like cream cheese then honestly it is badly labelled as it cannot really be double cream - UK born and raised here so I know these things :joy:

(Alison) #31

I’ve bought double cream like that from a fancy grocery in the UK. It was useless for coffee but lovely with a few strawberries. It was definitely very thick cream not clotted. I’ve also tried clotted in coffee, all I can say is you have to be very determined with your stirring!