Saved bacon fat. Now what to do with it

(LeeAnn Brooks) #21

I’ve made bacon fudge. Don’t really have the urge to find the recipie right now, but I’ve posted it here before, so if you’re really interested, you can just search for it.

(Carissa JB) #22

You can use some of it to make “suet” for birds and squirrels in the cooler months. (It melts in the heat) There are lots of recipes online. Most use peanut butter, bird seed ,and bacon grease or tallow. Your “tree babies” will eat it up​:bird::koala:

(Cynthia Anderson) #23

How long does bacon fat stay good

(Mike W.) #24

And this is just the good stuff we filter and save from the butchers bacon. The rest gets tossed…

(Hoby Bradfield) #25

It doesn’t last long enough in my house to go bad…

(Doug) #26

Worship it.

(Keto Kid 4 Life) #27

Just googled it. Strained bacon fat in a an airtight container in the fridge can stay good up to a year.

Fry your pork rinds in it…mmm, good!

(Running from stupidity) #29

What an amusing concept! How on earth did they test that?

(Running from stupidity) #31

Well, I wasted a like on that! And I don’t have many to go around!

(Hoby Bradfield) #32

Sorry… I was trying to edit the comment so it would quote your comment… but I am inept at such technical details!

(Running from stupidity) #33

:metal::metal::metal:

Like me…eat enough bacon, and there’s always a spare jar behind the other two. :smile:

Why don’t you just eat it?
I fry bacon, then a couple of eggs and then I pour the remaining fat over the bacon and eggs on my plate. Then if there are fat left on my plate, I scoop it up with cucumber sticks. Cucumber sticks with salty bacon flavour fat,yummy!