Saturday night fail

(Ellen) #1

I feel off the horse on Sat night, I have excuses, but they’re not important, had 4 slices of pizza & 8 cans of lager, the really stupid thing is I didn’t even enjoy them when I was having them.

Think I’ve managed a fairly decent Tuck, Roll & Re-mount though, fasted yesterday and so far today, might eat tonight, will see how feel, no sudden carb cravings etc so have been pretty lucky. Given how bland, sweet & ridiculously chewy & cardboardy it all was, I hope I won’t fall into that trap again, even if I have excuses, a good buttered steak is much nicer & actually quicker than ordering a pizza.

KCKO

(Frank) #2

It happens. Such is life.

(Amy Ramadan) #3

We’re all human, no one expects perfection!! It sounds like you have learned from the mistake, and have already made moves to get yourself back on track! Can’t ask for more than that. Could have been much worse, if you ask me!!

Well at least it was something worth falling off for! If you had said cupcakes or donuts, I don’t know, Ellen, I don’t know… :disappointed:

Hey, how many people follow a night of pizza and beer with a fast the next day? I agree, you’ve mastered the Tuck, Roll & re-mount! Today’s a new day, and everything’s gonna be alright.

I hope posting here and sharing your accountability has help! Good job, @Elle79! :+1:

Yes! Great attitude. You mention you didn’t even enjoy eating the pizza and drinking the lager while you had them, so at least you have that to go by the next time something like this might happen, it’s no longer an unknown thing. Even if it does happen again, at least you know it’s easy to jump back on the horse and that it’s not galloping off somewhere.

And more delicious!

buttered-steak

(Cynthia Anderson) #6

I tried to have bread last night. I apparently don’t like bread anymore.

Also I’m having a mini fall as I type. Fortunately I’m enjoying my mini binge
2 whole servings of potato chips
2 pieces of candy
2 oz caramel frappe.

I will share my reason. My head started itching Friday. This was a few days after I noticed a rash on my neck. I guess it’s keto rash. I figured the rash spread to my head. Nope.The kid I babysit gave me head lice.

I’ve already treated the whole household and washed all bedding.

I’m going to quit at about 100g of carbs. (I know besides the coffee I’m at around 50g)

Then I will kcko

(Ken) #7

Meh, they weren’t fails. Unless you’re not yet adapted. If so, one Carb meal was most likely metabolically beneficial.

(Susan) #8

Here is my issue: My grandson is coming at the end of the month for a few days off his farm job. He works far from fast food restaurants and is looking forward to pizza and burgers. My solution: I will join him, but i will have just the toppings off the meatlovers double cheese pizza, and the double teenburger without the bun. I hope i can stick to that!

I’m sure you can!

Susan, I discovered I enjoyed the bun-less burgers, pizza toppings, etc. MORE than when I used to eat them with the bread. I could actually TASTE the flavor of the food!

As a side effect, I could also taste when the food wasn’t that good. Things I thought I always liked, but was masked by the bread that came with it.

Hope you have a WONDERFUL visit with your Grandson!

(Susan) #10

Thank you Darren. :smile:

(Ellen) #11

You can do it! Most importantly, enjoy your time with your grandson.

(Susan) #12

I will thank you @Elle79. He brings great joy to my life.