Sage Recipe Suggestions please

(Kendall Thorman) #1

My sage plant has gone nuts. What’s your favorite Keto recipe that uses sage?

(Full Metal KETO AF) #2

Brown Butter with Sage is great on meats. Use it roasting poultry or any fatty meat. Sage can be strong or mild so if you are using it the first time be on the safe side. You can also use it in compound butter.

(Libby) #3

Sage in vodka for 3 mos in a jar. Strain. Mix with seltzer water on ice. Very nice. If you like that kind of thing. Caveat: it will, if ingested, halt metabolizing anything but the vodka until the vodka gone. However it is really tasty and if you look up “sage tincture” may be medicinal. As well as delicious. It ROCKS with cola so you could offer it as a unique cocktail to your less keto amigos.

I’ve also seen chefs making deep fried sage leaves as an awesome garnish.

I myself have been known to eat it straight off the plant. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face:

Or, you could leave it and next spring they will flower beautifully.

I like sage tea.

(Little Miss Scare-All) #5

Sage goes with sausage quite well!

(Jane) #6

I’ve had fried sage leaves at a restaurant and were delicious. No idea how to make at home.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #7

Pan…Butter…Fry. This is brown butter sage. :cowboy_hat_face:

(KCKO, KCFO) #8

Tired feet love a sage foot bath. Add a large bundle to very hot water, let it steep till you can place your feet into it comfortably. I’m relaxing just thinking about it and as a side note, it helps if you have issues with athlete’s foot.

(Kendall Thorman) #9

(Full Metal KETO AF) #10

I have never seen sage that looks like that, what variety is it. Here’s what my plant looks like,

Long narrow leaves are a common trait of sage, a plant that can survive very dry climates with minimal water. It almost looks like a gangly basil plant with those big leaves.

(KCKO, KCFO) #11

None of that looks like a sage to me. Ones on the far left look like basil. Not sure what the curlier leafed on on the far right could be.

Take a look at the edible sages. Which is the edible varieties of salvia.
https://www.mountainvalleygrowers.com/sagecookingvarieties.htm

(Kendall Thorman) #12

Only 1 plant is sage. Also mixed in are parsley and basil.

(Kendall Thorman) #13

(Kendall Thorman) #14

I pan fried sage in butter and then cooked steak in the butter. It was amazing.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #15

If you live somewhere that isn’t too soggy sage is a perineal that will come back year after year. It does better in full sun. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Kendall Thorman) #16

I live in northeast Ohio