S t a l l

I agree. I think it may just be time to add more exercise to my plate and get more into athletic training.

I just never had so many problems before in the past. I could just restrict carbs and workout for an hour or two a day and be fine. Eat what I want on weekends.

Now it’s like no carbs, no dairy, fasting, still lots of exercise and possibly OMAD. Didn’t think my late thirties would be so difficult compared to my late twenties. Sighs.

It’s like double the effort for half the results!!

Yes, because your metabolism is out of whack.

(traci simpson) #63

Wait until you turn 50. :confused:

:cry::cry::cry:

Oh no! I can’t imagine. I’ll be a breathitarian by then :pensive:

(Scott) #66

I will be the n=1 tester for keto and exercise and a stall. But I must warn you that I will be posting tomorrow saying "help, no weight loss and it been a whole 24 hours.

(Tammy) #67

I weigh every day too, have from the beginning, keeps me on track. Because I weigh everyday I know how much weight fluctuates and I don’t freak out if I go up a couple of pounds. I know that if I am eating well it will comes right back off. If I don’t weigh frequently my weight will slowly start to nudge up. Works for me, I’m down 68 lbs. and still losing though at a slower pace. Have about 20 or so pounds to go.

Idk what is going on though 3 weeks and no scale movement! I’m stricter and practically carnivore at this point with no dairy! Sighs!

These last 20 lbs feel impossible! No matter what I try!

(Scott) #69

Gained .3 pounds this morning. I did get out for a 4.3 mile run and a quick set of Nautilus weight machines. It’s a slow process but hey, I got time.

I gained .5 after doubling my workouts and being on OMAD for a few days! Sighs! Am I gaining muscle or just water weight?

I need to shed these 15 lbs before summer so I can go on hikes and live my life like a normal person! Plus reunion. I don’t want to miss reunion again this year. :frowning: I’ve put my life on hold because of my weight.

(Scott) #71

At this point I am focused more on my beer gut size and not the scale. I figure if I can maintain or lose a little it will all work out. I will need to give it time like two to four weeks.

Yea I’m not sure if mine is an underlining medical issue or hormonal or I’m retaining so much water because of my workouts and just bulking I’m not sure?!

Going to get labs done today to check out my hormones. It’s really odd to be reducing calories and taking out all bad foods and snacks and gaining. Not sure what my body’s problem is.

(Heather) #73

@Iwanttobelieve I ramped up my exercising about 10 days ago. Decided to do cardio and weightlifting on the same days. I am now UP 5 pounds and retaining lots of water. Very frustrating! :angry: I’ve decided to stop exercising to see if I can get some of this water weight off.

Yea, i agree about the overworking out part! Not sure why this doesn’t work yet idk about you but it worked when I was younger!

Tbh I spend no more than 45-90 mins a day working out and only 5 days a week so i think that’s moderate. But whatever variables I change, my weight seems to be stuck! I need to lose my last 15-20 lbs. I’d be happy just to see the scale move 3-4 lbs but it’s like stuck!

I don’t want to continuing living my life working so hard to be fit and healthy yet my body just looks like I eat Cheetos. Feel like my life is on hold at this point.

Not sure why nothing seems to work. I’ve added extra workouts. I do IF. No dairy, macros on point. It’s a mystery to me.

Forgot to tag you.

(Heather) #76

Agreed! You’d think that exercising would make positive changes, but I feel like it’s practically the opposite with this WOE. I’m in my mid 40’s, so I figure I better get it right now, instead of getting to my 50’s when it’s even harder!

(Scott) #77

I wonder if the water retention is temporary at the start of an exercise plan and after you get more in shape it levels off.

(Jennibc) #78

Don’t miss a reunion because of 15 pounds. You will be sorry. Don’t put your life on hold because of your weight.

I was at a stall and so I have mixed a bunch of things up. Lower calories two days in a row, higher calories on the third day. OMAD twice a week. And the scale is moving again!

I briskly walk most days for just over an hour. But today I went to the gym because of thunderstorms and did intervals on the eliptical.

Keep your body guessing.

(Heather) #79

@Rclause I thought of that, but I’ve been exercising all along (7 months KETO) and haven’t had issues like this, since I added my cardio back in and started lifting heavier weights. Maybe my water/salt intake isn’t enough and my electrolytes are off. It’s just in my right calf, which I’ve always had issues with.

Just started mixing things up this week! We will see if that helps.

I have gone from a 31 in jeans to a 28. I’d like to get to a 27. Then a 26” waist. I have big thighs and a big butt I can’t seem to get rid of! I weigh 189 lbs! I want to be 170-175 because that’s healthy for my height! I don’t like carrying any extra weight on me because it helps me for hiking and summer activities and I’m not very confident as is.

Men these days are very superficial and being in my thirties I find it impossible to meet someone who isn’t just into looks. Social media has really warped the way others see us and the way we see ourselves!