Robert Cywes and why women may take longer to lose weight on Keto

doctors
hormones
women

(Zoe ) #1

So I am not sure I have the right section for this but Robert has much experience with perscribing keto, submitted the results of his clients for a research article but was rejected 3 times because they did not believe his findings so I think it fits well here.

These podcasts linked from the Femail! 2 Ketodudes podcasts have soooo much awesome information in them. Of special note, in relation to this topic, is the often mentioned factor that women often take longer to lose weight on keto because their hormones are adjusting.

http://livinlavidalowcarb.com/blog/tag/robert-cywes

He discusses this about half way through. Sorry don’t have exact times- I was listening while driving and could not check.

He mentions that sometimes his clients gain weight because they end up pregnant because they become to more fertile. Or did I imagine that?

Anyway. I have listened to the first one twice and plan to listen to the second one again.

Anyone else have the experience of the women he works with or know of people who have?

I am going to do another tread about endorphine lifters.

Why am I not losing in my booty, hips, or thighs when fasting?!?!?!?
(Ken) #2

Sure, this is a topic that has been discussed for over two decades. It is well known to women athletes and bodybuilders, it was a popular topic on the Keto forum on Bodybuilding.com.

The hormone issue is fairly complex, as it can be argued that one of the major evolutionary aspects of women is the ability to carry and afterwards nurse children through times of restricted food availability. Because of this their bodies evolved to be extra efficient in the utilization and conservation of fat. That means women in general lose fat at a slower pace, as their bodies are more reluctant to give up the cellular fat structures. This also explains why women can seem to plateau for longer periods and then lose several pounds at once.

Perhaps the best example of the overall health benefits of the fat based diet for women is improved fertility. If general health was not improved as well, there wouldn’t be increases in fertility.

(Meg) #3

Does anyone have a link to that specific article or podcast with Robert Cywes? I listened to the same podcast on 2KD and their link just took me to the website… searched the website and google and couldn’t find it. Been keto 3 weeks and stalled at week 2… trying to KCKO but listening to podcasts and reading about it helps me keep calm and keeps me from just giving up.

(Bunny) #4

I think also it is because it raises the levels of estradiol, the good estrogen hormone that maintains a healthy estrogen metabolism and keeps us gals looking sexy along with DIM (Diindolylmethane) support to help block bad xenoestrogens (exogenous; environmental toxic estrogenic conversionary processes)!

I also think women need more calories than men especially to maintain a healthy weight and to lose weight (exogenous estrogen molecules that get stuck on the thyroid receptors and cause dysregulation of thyroid hormones (gut thyroid axis); artichoke extract may help clear this up)?

Hair loss on keto
S t a l l
(Zoe ) #5

https://www.livinlavidalowcarb.com/?s=robert+cywes

Try this link. I searched Robert Cywes in livin la Vida Low Carb. It is either 1118 or 1108.