Reward

(Jake P) #1

So I am getting close to 100 pounds weight loss. I am trying to think of some ideas for a “treat yo self” reward for this major milestone.

I have been considering a 20-hour road trip so see a barber friend; I would pass Lincoln and Omaha which are known for their steak houses and get an awesome haircut and beard trim.

A massive cheat day, and movie binging with my kids.

Buy myself some Apple Airpods.

What are some things you guys would reward yourself with when hitting a significant milestone?

(AnnaLeeThal) #2

I like the road trip and steak idea!

Another is to buy an well fitting outfit. It’s amazing how good it feels to wear clothes that fit well.

I would avoid the cheat day.

(Jake P) #3

I am planning on getting a tailored suit, but that is going to be much closer to my end goal.

(Zack F) #4

Mine won’t be tailored but they will fit well :slight_smile: congrats. I’d drop another two first to cushion against the cheat day.

(Brad) #5

Yea I did it, now let me down this poison treat. Don’t cheat, buy a new shirt, go on the road trip, have a keto party. Remember what got you to this milestone.

(MakinBacon) #6

+1 for the road trip and steak idea.

(Jake P) #7

The cheat day with my kids is really for my kids, they are 5-7 and think it’s fun to get pizza, ice cream and watch a few movies. When I have them over, they beg me for a pizza party. They would love it, and I would recover in a day or two. (Famous last words right?)

As far as the suit goes, I have a friend who is a tailor, so it’s not like it would break the bank.

(AnnaLeeThal) #8

I bet they would like Carlshead pizza. My little one does!

Go to the movies and treat the kids, but bring plenty of pocket bacon for yourself.

(Jake P) #9

yeah, Carlshead pizza is a good compromise, Why didn’t I think of that?

And for ice cream: https://www.halotop.com/

(MakinBacon) #11

I love this idea! I was planning on a movie this weekend, but couldn’t think of anything the theater serves that would be keto friendly. Bacon FTW! If the theater caught me and gave me grief: “I am on a very strict doctor ordered diet that I cannot deviate from, and you don’t sell food that I am allowed to eat.” :grin:

(AnnaLeeThal) #12

It really is a treat to be able to make pizza, and I haven’t found someone yet who doesn’t like it.

Also, I make a killer low carb ice cream. The kid loves it too. I played around with the sweeteners a bit and used Swerve, Lakanto golden, and trivia. Tastes just like normal “ice cream from the store” according to my daughter.

(Michelle) #13

SHOES, of course!!! :boot: :gift::+1: :high_heel::sandal:

(eat more) #14

what’s something that you’ve always wanted to do that 100lbs prevented you from doing?
i would really celebrate the accomplishment with that…
haircuts, airpods, and movie pizza can be done at any weight…

:high five: :blush:

(Brad) #15

I would disagree.
INGREDIENTS: Milk and cream, eggs, erythritol, prebiotic fiber, milk protein concentrate, organic cane sugar, vegetable glycerin, natural plant extract (for color), sea salt, natural flavors, organic carob gum, organic guar gum, organic stevia.
Ingredients are really not keto friendly.

I make my own

(Meeping up the Science!) #16

All “ketogenic” means in biochemistry, where the word comes from, is that the body utilizes fat for energy. The body has no idea what 20g of carbs are - that is our measurement for energy. 2-3 apple, tomato, or carrot slices are keto, in those amounts, and easily fit in macros. If we eat the whole pint of Halo Top, 2-3 tomatoes, and a whole apple, not so much. Many low carbers that eat 30-40g of carbs net (which winds up being 60-85g total depending) are easily still in ketosis, on the higher end even, especially if they are athletes. I regularly see people eating loads of “ketogenic” foods in big amounts, not batting an eyelash. If someone can fit this ice cream in, who cares?

One serving easily fits in keto macros, actually. While I’d never suggest you consume whole pints regularly, it’s keto in an appropriate amount. I can eat up to 65g a day of carbs and stay in ketosis (and did when I tested). For me, it easily works. For everyone? Not necessarily.

Making your own is always great! Working 80 hours a week didn’t leave me with much time to do it, and I only had ice cream once every 2-3 weeks if that, so for me, a pint of halo top was far easier, cheaper, and suited my schedule.

(JennyBelle ) #17

I totally love your recipe! I started a new pintrest page and am so following! Mint is my absolute favorite Ice cream. Thanks for the post:)

(Dustin Cade) #18

I would not get a beard trim… seems less like a reward and more like a punishment :sunglasses:

(Jake P) #19

But I have lost nearly 100 pounds, and I can’t see it on my face!
Actually I get it trimmed about every two weeks, Gotta keep it corporate.

(Dustin Cade) #20

I work in an office, my beard hangs nice and low… they probably don’t like it, though they’ve never said anything, I’ve had it going on 6 years…