Reward

(Jake P) #21

I work in healthcare and provide education to physicians; I’m feeling lucky that suits aren’t required. Although from your avatar, I have a neurologist friend who is bald and has a beard as long as yours.

I’m totally supportive of a cheat day here and there, but I would definitely wait a few more lbs. It’s really depressing to reach that milestone only to watch the scale spike and put you back behind it because of the cheat.

(Brad) #24

Depending on a persons particular metabolic disorder, a cheat day could be extremely harmful. This is a lifestyle not a diet. I would be cautious with this issue.

(Dustin Cade) #25

i figure over the course of our lifetime this far, we’ve each had more sweets, and “cheat” food, than our bodies were designed to handle… though i do see it unrealistic that any of us will go the rest of our lives without some sort of cheat day/meal, be it intentional or unintentional… we each should be aware of our bodies, our own circumstances, and know the choices we make impact our health… like i tell my boys, they follow keto, though do not keep track of macros, and do have food outside of keto from time to time… but I stress to them that it is up to them to make the best choices they can, not only with food but other aspects of life…

(Dustin Cade) #26

Keto has helped me control my impulsive nature when it came to eating… going to the grocery store, on my home from work, would buy a couple candy bars, eat them before i got home… just being more in control of oneself can go a long way… being able to walk down whatever aisle at the grocery and not long for the foods I “can’t” have… we learn to better understand our bodies and ourselves… keto is a full body understanding journey…

I actually did feel that I was being cautious there. . . I didn’t say “cheat whenever you want!” and I actually said he should probably wait for a few more lbs. . . That being said, I would expect that if someone has a particular metabolic disorder that they are trying to treat with adopting a ketogenic diet, that they are aware and will act accordingly. . . I am well aware this is a lifestyle. I’ve been living it for over two years and have lost 70 lbs. Unless you are diabetic and it is medically inappropriate to do so, I stand behind supporting a cheat day now and then (now and then being maybe once every other month. . .) This IS a lifestyle, and for someone who is not diabetic it can be extremely difficult mentally to say " I will NEVER eat carbs again." I’ve been highly successful with this way of life, so I’m sharing MY experience & advise. I thought that’s what we were here for.

(David Driver) #28

PRS McCarty 594 SC. My See Reward Here:yum: