Returning to Health

I hit a new weighloss goal this morning. I’m seeing numbers on the scale I haven’t seen in many moons. I have to admit I teared up a bit and said to myself “Good Job!”
This feels like life to me now. It’s just how I eat.Theres no “dieting” or struggle anymore. It’s just what I do.
I’m not purposefully exercising yet, but hope to add that in soon. I purchased a weight set online and eventually will unbox it. :joy:
I have 15 more pounds to go to reach my lowest I was at when I lost with keto 4+ years ago. This is different, it feels different, and health is my goal this time. It has made all the difference.
For my “reward” this morning for hitting my goal I ordered a sweatshirt that says “Remember your why” :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Life is a marathon. We all experience things differently. Think of weighing yourself as positive feedback. It gives you feedback on your choices, good or bad, and you can then self-correct. Intermittent fasting has been shown to help. (Dr. Jason Fung) He recommends doing it 2-3 times per week, combined with a keto protocol. Recent research on fasting for weight loss has shown that eating at an earlier time is best. For example, eat breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up. Have at least 25 grams of protein. Even a single egg has been shown to set you up for good eating habits for the rest of the day.

It’s interesting that you mention eating earlier in the day. The past few weeks I have found myself eating eggs for breakfast and then stopping eating for the day earlier. It was just a natural transition that feels good for right now. I am not usually a breakfast person, but this just feels good doing it this way for right now. I’m really trying to keep in tune to what my body needs and feels good doing. My weight loss was very slow in October, but I was ok with it. I know there is positive change happening. My body shape is changing which is wild to see, but exciting! Legit feel like a weight of heaviness literally and emotionally has been lifted and I am morphing into someone completely new on many levels. :heart: Life feels good to live again!0

(Robin) #84

Way to go. Love the shirt motto!