Reseting and refining my Keto

(Ron) #21

Yes, a little-
Based on inputs, we suggest you eat: 1607 calories. From those, 136g fats, 20g net carbs, and 76g protein
:ok_hand:

(Sarah Bruhn) #23

ummm… I don’t see how… maybe i’m missing something but I’m using the same calculator and my details and the recommendation at the bottom reads

175cm and 86kg female 32 sedentry

Your Personal Results
Here are your personal macros:

1400 kcal Daily Calorie Intake
20 g Carbs (6%, 80 kcal)
115 g Protein (33%, 460 kcal)
96 g Fat (61%, 860 kcal)

(Alec) #24

That’s not what I get… my original numbers had light activity. But these ones are sedentary. Total 1852 cals…

(Sarah Bruhn) #25

Age matters quite a bit these calculators i guess?

(Sarah Bruhn) #26

oh see where you are looking… no i was looking at the bottom of the page at the recommendations and I thought you were pointing to the Basal metabolic rate

After eating, my BG dropped instead of rising. This can occur if a meal is large enough to suppress GNG but is too small to meet the body’s energy demands. Dr Mercola describes it in his book, Fat For Fuel. When it happened to me, my basal insulin level was really low because I was block fasting, and I ate a small piece of meat. This is a very unusual instance, I only discovered it because I was tracking BG. I now make a concerted effort to make sure when I “suspend” a fast, I eat a significant meal.

I’ve been tracking BG long enough to predict my response to food. If it is lower than usual, I interpret it as a demand for more fuel, so I eat more calories.

Why is that? Are you never hugry enough to eat more than that IMO low amount? Sounds like limiting yourself possibly against what your body is telling you. Only test I would recomend is a metabolic test to see what your BMR is. You probably lowered it with calorie restricted eating. How active are you?

(Alec) #29

Sarah
You should not putin for fast weight loss. Put in maintain weight. That is the right setting.

(Sarah Bruhn) #30

Cool Thanks:bacon::bacon:

(Sarah Bruhn) #31

I started out keto unrestricted came to a stall and lowered my calories in a effort to get the weight moving again obviously this didn’t work and was not the right move. I am fairly sedentry I walk with my kids a few days a wekk but I’m a student so constantly sitting.

(Raj Seth) #32

you gotta pick 0 deficit. Deficit is the Crappy CICO method - 99.9% failure rate.

Oh yeah - don’t look at the first BMR number pick your activity level, and look at your TDEE - total daily energy expenditure - that is what you need to eat.

(Sarah Bruhn) #33

awesome thanks

(Raj Seth) #34

As you read the multiple stall stories, you will gradually come to terms with the stall. Remember, a stall is usually only a stall in weight loss. What about all the other healing that is happening as you continue to feed the body the way that it has evolved to be fed? you could be losing inches, you could be renewing body cells, repairing metabolism, replacing old, decrepit adipocytes, whatever…

The easiest thing to measure is weight. So it becomes the sole metric. Unfortunately.

I had an epiphany a while ago - when I was writing my little blurb in the Before & After thread. I have not had my weight move in 4-5 months. Was 97kg in Feb, was 97 kg yesterday, Jun 20. But I have not fretted about it one bit. I am able to KCKO & KCFO.

How can I be so calm?

Its not that I am a Zen master, its that I see other changes - pants are the standout - from 40-42" (105cm) to 36" (90cm) I wear Adult Medium from Adult XXL or even some XXXL

If I dont have pant size moving (like the last 2 months), then I focus on the other NSVs. How I have totally smoothed out on fasting. I have fasted 65 of the last 174 days. My fasting muscle is excellent. Now I just do regular 3 day fasts (thats my work travel schedule), every week. I dont even notice when Im fasting anymore. I do nothing special on fasting days. I have reached the ultimate fasting zen zone - its like I have achived fasting nirvana.

You have to find your own NSVs. or even better, dont weigh yourself at all. I weigh myself daily, plug the data into a spreadsheet and analyze stuff 9 ways. But that’s what I do. I like graphs and data analysis. It gives me a sense of how one metric is doing. When I see my weight increasing steadily for 2 weeks, like a pound a day, every day for 15 # total, I don’t freak out. I know, or don’t, why it happened. I just KCKO, KCFO. I am in Keto Zen zone. However, everyone is different I have to make spreadsheets and graphs that emphasize the positive and deemphasize the negative for my wife, else she gets discouraged and depressed…

(Alec) #35

OMG, this is soooooo great. You have so changed your health with this. Everyone agrees it’s the waist size thats our true marker, not weight or the completely dumb BMI.

Outstanding and congratulations. You are a keto/fasting god.

(Raj Seth) #36

Thanks Alec. However, I’m not worthy.

When we find Keto Mt Olympus, sitting atop would be the the likes of Fung, Ramos, Noakes, Fettke, the 2KD, and so on… the list is long…

(Alec) #37

Example is leadership… you are doing excellently!

(Terri Semler) #38

Got it! Thanks again Ron!!