Rebel Ice Cream Review

food

(Jennifer) #1

Hi Everyone! I seriously LOVE ice cream. In fact, the night before I started my keto journey, I ate an entire pint of Ben & Jerry’s to officially “say goodbye”. Pathetic, I know. LOL. But THEN! Then I discovered Rebel Ice Cream. I know a few have posted about this already, but I just wanted to add my humble two cents. It is DELICIOUS! The website said there was a backorder delay, but I ordered it Monday and it was delivered Wednesday (I live in Buffalo, the west coast may be different). It was packed really well with dry ice and arrived in perfect condition. Shipping is expensive, but free if you order 2 or more cases. I got some of my keto friends to split the cost with me. Well worth it!! Exceptional product!! Thanks for reading! KCKO! :slight_smile:

(Karen) #2

And for more sweets reviews. Including that of Rebel ice cream

K

That’s great to hear! I’m planning on splitting a case with my mom because I really don’t need a whole case. Between my kid and I it would be gone in a week.

(Amy Ramadan) #4

Will have to look into it!!! Gotta day, even the Ben and Jerry’s reference has me wanting some Chubby Hubby lol!!! I was born and lived most of my life outside of Buffalo lol!! Thanks for the recommendation, can’t wait to try it!!!

Just ordered a case of chocolate: 8 pints for about $50 + $3.99 shipping and no tax. I am a little skeptical of fake sugar but the one they use is decent. Might get vanilla next if it’s good.

I love ice cream. I tired Halo Top and was extremely disappointed. It was pretty disgusting actually. I took two bites and threw it in the garbage. Thank you for the review :slight_smile:

BTW … I don’t care what the back of the Ben and Jerry’s container says…that is one serving (not 4)!

(Amy Ramadan) #7

I’m glad I read this, as I was going to try the halo too ice cream!!! And I totally agree with you on the Ben and jerrys!!! We need to start emailing them and get them to make a lc option lol!!!

(Daisy) #8

Out of curiosity, has anyone tried wink? The only ice cream I can eat from my local stores are the teal label of so delicious (no dairy, no added sugar). It’s expensive at $5 a pint though so I started making my own. I’ve been experimenting with different recipes. Still trying to get “that perfect recipe”. Haven’t found it yet, but have been thoroughly enjoying the experimental process!

How does this taste? Sometimes I like ‘ice cream’ without the dairy consequences

(Daisy) #10

I love it. I can’t do dairy ice cream or I’m curled up in a ball bawling my eyes out. So keep in mind, I hadn’t had a bite of ice cream in at least 3 years and hadn’t had sugar in over a year before I tried this. My kids (who eat ice cream near daily) think it tastes gross, but they have a predisposition to hate anything “healthy” I try to get them to try. My little gluten free buddy (a 2nd grader in my Sunday school class) thought it was wonderful and went home and asked her mom to buy it for her.

Thanks! I’ll have to give it a try :slight_smile:.

(Daisy) #12

My area grocery stores have vanilla, chocolate and butter pecan. I personally prefer the vanilla, but the chocolate is decent. Not a fan of butter pecan, but didn’t like it before! Lol

(Wendy) #13

That sounds good. How much of a carb hit? I have a recipe for ice-cream made out of coconut milk that I have yet to make. I even bought the ingredients a while ago.

(Daisy) #14

(Daisy) #15

I’ve made my own 3 times now. Each time I keep increasing the alcohol content in an attempt to keep it from freezing rock solid. I used the same recipe the first two times, then this time I used one with almond butter. It’s interesting. I don’t love it but I don’t hate it. I will probably not make that one again anytime soon, but I have a whole Pinterest board saved of ones I want to try lol!

(Wendy) #16

What does it get the fiber from? Any idea?

(Daisy) #17

Here is the full ingredients list :grinning:

(Wendy) #18

I don’t really see much fiber. Maybe the vanilla bean flecks? :laughing:
I know Dr Barry had mentioned that sometimes the packages are not totally true. Be interesting to know how accurate this one is. Not that I wouldn’t be willing to indulge once in a while anyways. I’ve even had an ice-cream or two for a treat. (Yes I know it’s not healthy nor keto.:no_mouth::blush: )

(Daisy) #19

All I know is it doesn’t make me sick, doesn’t break out my face (one bite of sugar breaks my face out) and it doesn’t spike my sugar, so I’m cool with it! lol
Just from that, I would say it’s pretty accurate. I’m massively sensitive to sugar.

(Wendy) #20

Glad you found something you can enjoy. I will probably look for some around here to try.