Raw Cocoa Butter

(Marie) #1

I’ve taken a liking to raw cocoa butter - its not sweet but I like it - since I stopped eating sugar so long ago and very little sweet, i.e. No fruit, only a little artificial sweetener - I don’t mind the taste of unsweetened chocolate. I buy little white disks and just pop one in when I’m craving a little something. Very satisfying.

Interesting, the difference between being in ketosis and truly fat-adapted: before being fat adapted when I had a craving or felt hungry I wanted protein and it really satisfied. Now, I’m wanting fat and just a little goes a long way - easily satiated. So cool!

I’ve been using the Healthworks Organic Raw Cacao Butter in the same way as well as sometimes adding it to coffee with cocoa/cacao powder.

(softail925) #3

Im contemplating trying it. Sometimes on my way home from work I’ll eat a “few” almonds, but Im starting to think they might be stalling my weight loss a bit. (I dont eat breakfast or lunch) No matter Ive been reading a few posts on this loevely forum about cocoanut butter. Wished it was packaged in little squares like snack fat bombs! :grinning::grinning::grinning:

(Marie) #4

Cocoa butter is dfferent - basically raw chocolate, but white - and it is available in little discs or chunks.

(softail925) #5

Thank you, Marie. Will def check into that!

(Richard Morris) #6

Gabor (@erdoke) is a big fan of cacao butter, or at least stearic acid in particular.

(jketoscribe) #7

I melt a brick of coconut butter and pour it into my own molds. Much easier to use that way! I’m sure you could do the same for raw cocoa butter.

(Ashley Haddock) #8

I need to get some of this. Ever since I heard @richard talk about making white chocolate out of it I’ve been dying to try it with some macadamia nuts. :smiley:

(Marie) #9

Here’s what I buy from Amazon:

(softail925) #10

Oh cool. Thanks Marie!!

love this for fat bombs and keto mousse.

(Blyss (Old @Charmaine)) #12

Raw cocoa butter has been a wonderful delight to my tastebuds and diet. I keep it in stock.

(Melvina Lay) #13

I love cocoa!

(Denise OBrien) #14

Yes! Couldn’t agree more - it really adds depth to my decaf coffee - don’t even mix it with nut milk or anything else. Zip it all together with my trusted Aero Latte thingy and I’m good to go…

(Jack Brien) #15

I’ve got some in the cupboard to make some chocolate with, but I shall be trying some of these too

(jilliangordona) #16

I’ve been making fudge with it! So so freaking good, I have to be careful or I eat the whole batch.

(Marie) #17

Can you share your recipe?

(Marie Dantoni) #18

Soaper’s Choice in Chicago sells organic- prime pressed for under $50. For a 10 lb chunk

(Brian) #19

Would like to try some… there is a recipe for keto peanut butter cups that uses it… but I can’t find it locally. Guess I’m gonna have to order some from Amazon.

(Used to really love the peanut butter cup food group! A couple of those little Reese’s miniatures after supper and maybe a mid-day snack, those were a favorite. Have missed them.)