Question re peanut butter

(eat more) #21

i tried to make “egg white bread” (oopsie rolls) with my old hand mixer and carton egg whites yesterday…it didn’t work (it has before…maybe the stars weren’t aligned) and i stopped because i thought my mixer was going to give up the ghost LOL

just be prepared to possibly need a new blender…perfect excuse to get a blendtec, vitamix, or ninja :blush:

(bulkbiker) #22

mines a 15 year old kitchen aid so it should be ok… hasn’t been used a lot recently so it may suffer from shock!

I mixed some of the peanut butter I get here (100% peanut) with coconut oil - gooooood!

I bought some peanuts today and am going to try making your suggested mix with butter and coconut oil. I really like the idea of changing the fat ratio so that you lessen the carb and protein hit per serving. The coconut oil definitely adds sweetness. The product mentioned by someone you can get in Canada has sweet added also which I really don’t think you need.

(Dustin Cade) #24

I think i am going to make pecan butter, i think i will add in some butter and coconut oil, maybe a little cinnamon to make it extra creamy and delicious… probably do not need to add the butter and coconut oil, it just sounds really good to me…

(eat more) #25

my address is…

(Dustin Cade) #26

Pecans are delicious, and less carbs than peanuts or almonds… they are softer, so in theory be easier to make into a butter… might have to make some @brenda pancakes to put it on…

(Bacon for the Win) #27

I’d like to know how this turns out please.

(bulkbiker) #28

good idea and roasted some yesterday… the blender will be well used tomorrow… thanks for all the suggestions…I also saw somewhere suggesting chocolate PB and I happen to have some 100% cacao so may even give that a go too… I’ll let you know…

(Mike Price) #29

In the southeastern states, some of the grocery store chains actually grind peanuts into fresh natural peanut butter (Harris Teeter, and Publix that I am aware of). Perhaps some do the same there, if you don’t have the time, equipment, or inclination to make your own. Also, the national brand Smuckers jars a “natural” peanut butter that lists only peanuts and salt on the label. I don’t know if they sell that brand of spreads there. Here is the label, taken from the Target stores web site:

I don’t buy nut butters anymore. I can’t be trusted alone with them.

Yes, I thought of mixing some chocolate in. Why the hell not?

I like your thinking!

The reason I think this is a good idea is to make it go further basically. Personally, I also have a tendency to over eat nut butters and see this as a way of limiting that consumption.

(Dustin Cade) #31

I made the pecan butter, used butter and coconut oil, cinnamon, I added some Pyre sweeteners… just enough, didn’t make the Zorn pancakes I made the cream cheese and eggs kind, I added in 2 tablespoons of oat fiber flour to see what it would do… came out really the same…

(eat more) #32

and how amazing is the pecan butter?

pecans are on my shopping list

(Dustin Cade) #33

It’s really good, a bit different, super easy to make!

(bulkbiker) #34

Bit of a disaster. put peanuts in blender… blitzed to a fine dust then they all sat below the blades and did nothing… added a bit of melted butter and then half mixed but not very well … think a food processor is an essential bit of kit for this and I’m not allowed to buy one until we have new kitchen in about 6 months time… so no homemade PB for me…

(Dustin Cade) #35

add more peanuts… i have a big ninja blender food processor thing… I made pecan butter last night, had to ensure i had enough to ensure it would cover the blades so it would liquefy…

(bulkbiker) #36

I was going to do that but as I don’t eat it very often I didn’t really want a huge amount… anyway melted down some 100% cacao and butter with some clotted cream and truvia to make a chocolate base and have just added my small amount of butter to the top… just in the freezer now solidifying… will publish results in a hour or so…

(Michelle) #37

so… I LOVE pecans. Did you roast them first? Do you recommend adding in the coconut oil, butter and cinnamon? or would it be okay without some of those add-ins?

(Dustin Cade) #38

I put it in a container in the fridge, i imagine it will last w while, made about 16oz… i’ve got teenage boys in the house too… they’ll eat almost anything, i buy special food for me (extra spicy) so i know it will be there when i get home… though my youngest said something funny last night… he really hates mushrooms, and said he would be willing to eat a whole truckload of mushrooms instead of eating a century egg… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Century_egg
i know random and somewhat off topic but it popped into my head… there ya go :grin:

(Dustin Cade) #39

i buy the roasted and salted kind, use them as snacks if i need salt or extra fat, or because they are delicious… they to me are the perfect keto nut… 21g fat, 2g protein, 1g net carb per serving

(eat more) #40

i think i am going to do this before making it butter (minus the coconut sugar of course)