Quarantine recipes

(Maya) #1

Hi everyone
I searched but couldn’t find a post with recipes that are mostly pantry staples. We right now have lots of almond flour, chia seeds, sugar replacements, cacao powder, flax and psyllium husks, coconut shortening and nuts plus a few cans of coconut milk. I can’t get eggs. I am looking for ideas. Everything I know how to make needs eggs but we seem to have a shortage with delivery services and I am not venturing out. Help!

(Brandy) #2

I don’t know any recipes off hand but I did a quick google search for “Keto Vegan recipes” and a ton came up. Another idea is to get your hands on some whole egg powder and/or egg white powder per your preference. I keep whole egg powder on hand for baking all the time, but if I find myself in the middle of an egg shortage, you can bet I’ll be reconstituting them to make an omelette! I should note that I’m not talking about powdered egg substitute or those protein powders that are egg based. They all have extra ingredients. What I have is just egg. This stuff is good:
https://www.znaturalfoods.com/whole-egg-powder

I can’t think of anything in particular right now, but if you twiddle around on YouTube and find Cooking Keto with Kristie - I know she has stuff on there. I switched over to mainly carnivore, but I still have a good bit of pantry items around - so I’d be interested in what else to use it for.

One thing I used to love, prior to going more carnivore, was granola. I was searching long and hard for a Keto-granola- which I found with Julian Bakery. I’m thinking, between the chia, almond flour, hemp, nuts and sweeteners- with a binder of sorts- you could make something yummy and crunchy. Chips or crunchy nuggety things like granola blobs or biscuity cubes. . I think the Julian company used egg white powder to create a sticky enough binder that dries nicely in the oven- and crunches later.

With no egg availability, you might try a Keto shortbread using the flour, sweetener, butter and salt. I have zero self control with shortbread, and would easily polish off a whole pan of it. So, I won’t be doing that. But, if you try it -please post!! I will enjoy it via photos only. LOL! You could also add in different oils for a twist- like lemon oil and zest, or lime oil and zest, or almond oil and some sliced almonds, etc. Grab a cup of tea- and that would make a lovely afternoon quaran-tea !!!:smiley: