Pushups and Squats Challenge

2 sets of squats today.
20, 20, for a total of 40
Year total: 145

(CharleyD) #82

This is segmenting and is a valuable mental tool for all kinds of performance.

https://coachsci.sdsu.edu/csa/vol35/rushall1.htm

(What The Fast?!) #83

Haha, I am not less than. Iā€™ll aim for boobs to floor then. :wink:

Ha!

That was a totally unscientific guess (DD, and my boobs and nose touch pretty much at the same timeā€¦).

(Brandan E. Lloyd) #85

Thanks! I thought it was a mental weakness on my part. Iā€™m glad to hear it is a valid strategy. The other techniques in that article are interesting as well. I may play with those too.

In addition to the suggestions above: you can also work your way into it (which is essentially what Convict Conditioning does). If you can do full incline pushups (chest to counter), just see if you can find something thatā€™s just a bit lower, and do many slow full pushups. After a week or two, find the next lower edge, and so on.

I may have done one decent one today but pushing back up was tough while keeping proper form. I think that shows I am not strong enough yet, so some type of progression is definitely needed. Iā€™m going to try to find something lower than the counter to try. Thanks for the suggestions. Today was the closest Iā€™ve ever come as an adult to a correct push up and not a cheater one. I was thrilled.

(Dan Dan) #88

If you get a TRX knock-off Suspension trainer ($35 walmart) you ca do push ups at any level :smile:

Hmmm, so what do you attach it to?

(Adam Kirby) #90

Negatives. Lower down to the ground as slowly as you can. Hold the position at the bottom if you can. Work sets of negatives and over the course of time you should get stronger.

If you have a sturdy chair with armrests that might work. Make sure the chair is pushed up against a wall so it will not move and face the chair using the armrests for hand holds. This is what I did after my rotator cuff repair. Excellent that you are paying attention to form and not just busting out some reps. Your back/ core will thank you!

(Dan Dan) #92

To a door or you can take it outside and attach to a tree limb or to over head rafter etc. :smile: