Progressive parkrun

(Alec) #1

Yesterday we had what was called a progressive parkrun. For those that don’t know what a parkrun is, it is a free timed weekly run of 5k where you get a time recorded on the web. There are 1450 parkruns across the world. And 4 happen to be reasonably near us here in the far south coast of New South Wales in Australia.

So a group of about 20 runners (including me) did each of these 4 parkruns sequentially up the coast yesterday. And I did an extra one for luck, and one was 1k too long (I think we took a wrong turn!), and in the end I ran 26k yesterday.

Fuelled by nothing but fat, both ingested (not much), and bodyfat.

I was well and truly buggered by the end, but it was a great day. Longest I have ever run in one day before. Still recovering,

(LeeAnn Brooks) #2

That sounds like fun. We’re the others that ran with you carb loaders, and if so, what did they think of your “magic” abilities to go without all the bananas and gells and whatnot?

(Alec) #3

No others running on fat as far as I could see. They weren’t going overboard with food either, but I think they were eating in their cars on the journey.

I have been trying to get fat in today to overcome my significant calorie deficit from yesterday.

[CICO bunfight ensues] :see_no_evil:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

My friend Rachael does these park runs in Toowoomba.
She has actually lost 50kg on a SAD diet and still has a bit to go but I admire her ability to run! I am half her size, I don’t know how she does it, but alas I am super proud of her, she has done so well.

I might have to give one a go after the Bridge to Brisbane in August :slight_smile:

(Alec) #5

Kate
You definitely should. They are great!
Cheers
A