Post Wedding Recovery

(Ren) #1

Well this weekend was my wedding, I weighed in at 184lbs Thursday morning.

We had festivities starting on Thursday with a Chesapeake Blue Crab picking. We polished off half a bushel of crabs, some corn, potatoes and steamed rice. I just went to town on the crab and dipped it in a lot of butter that night. I did partake in the growlers of local brewery beer we bought.

Friday we did a local brewery crawl where we hit 4 breweries to sample beer and buy growlers for the wedding. We also ate off the food trucks at the breweries stuff like quesadillas, pizza, pretzels w/ beer cheese sauce, etc.

Saturday was the wedding and of course we had more local brewery as well a menu that had plenty of carbs in it.

Sunday was the post wedding shennanigans going out to breakfast with the remaining guests. I had to have the chicken and waffles because I miss fried chicken. Then at dinner, we had wedding leftovers.

Monday my now wife and I got back on our horse and started up Keto again. I weighed myself Monday evening and I was at 191lbs. This morning I weighed myself and I am down to 186lbs. So I am almost back down to pre-wedding weight and I have just KCKO.

(Lauren) #2

Congratulations on your nuptials! :tada:

This makes me feel better about my own plans to jump off the keto train for my wedding in December. It will also be my birthday that weekend, so I plan to enjoy all the things.

(Ren) #3

I think intentionality is the biggest thing. You have a plan to break ketosis and you plan to get back on after the festivities. It won’t be an accident, or a slip, and there is no reason to beat yourself up over it. Just follow your plan and you will be fine.

Just spoke with the wife and she is back down to her pre-wedding weight. She was worried it would take her a while to lose the 6lbs she gained, but it only took 3 days!

(Cathrine Helle) #4

Huge congratulations on your wedding :two_hearts:

(Tim) #5

This. I think this is the biggest thing. I know I’m going to ‘cheat’ when I start eating again, but because I know I’m planning for it and it’s ok. Feels a lot less like messing up and a lot more like something I’m consciously deciding to do. And that difference, though small, is all the difference in the world.

Congrats on gettin hitched.