Pork Rinds

newbies

(matt ) #61

Missed them again. $32 for 2 now.

That Amazon ā€œdynamicā€ pricing really chaps my ass. Hopefully itā€™ll go back down again in a couple of days. You can also add the Honey app (itā€™s free) to your browser which will check all of Amazon and tell you if another seller has a lower price when you go back to look. Also camelcamelcamel will check both Amazon sellers and other places online. They can be pretty helpful. Fingers crossed for you!

ETA: I checked, and itā€™s all 3rd party scammers sellers again. I believe when Utz provides more to Amazon the price will return to normal.

(Troy) #63

If ā€œ the Dr Berg ā€œ said no to Pork Rinds
(I was afraid to viewšŸ˜³)

My KETO Journey was over
:tired_face::cry::weary:

Sigh ā€¦:joy::joy::joy:

(matt ) #64

Thatā€™s a bit too much worry for my lifeā€¦I donā€™t much care what the pigs eat. I also ran out of enegry to worry about GMO and MSG does not bother me. Guess Iā€™m a sinner :slight_smile:

(Jennifer Buchanan) #65

one barrel make 8 cups of crumbs, I did it yesterday, I canā€™t wait to make stuff with it :slight_smile:

(Sybella) #66

Blimey your lucky to be able to get them pre made in such big containers. Not so in the UK. I have to buy the pork rind, take of the layer of fat, then cook them low until dry, then fry them, and then leave some big or crush small. Takes ages. I should start selling them. lol

(Jennifer Buchanan) #67

lol, you should. I did my meal prep yesterday. Havenā€™t used the them yet this is my first time making crumbs
out of them.

(Jennifer Buchanan) #68

I actually found out about Keto from Dr. Berg :slight_smile:

(matt ) #69

Makes amazing fried chicken or chicken fried steak or schnitzel. Coat with eggā€¦roll in pork rindsā€¦fry away!

(Jennifer Buchanan) #70

Awesome! I did some chicken! I am going to try the pancakes I love :heart: the cream cheese pancakes :pancakes: they melts in your mouth :lips: I am curious to see the difference will keep you posted.

(Ro Sitaram) #71

I order these as well and love them!. Although I have this nagging thought in my head wondering what type of oil is used to make them. May have to contact the company to confirm one of these days.

(Jennifer Buchanan) #72

Scroll up Virginia already called I copied it for you Virginia said ā€œI called Utz. According to James in their customer service section, these pork rinds are fried in the fat that renders out while they are cooking. They do not add any oils or fats. Excellent! So now we know for sure.
Create an awesome day day!

(Ro Sitaram) #73

Oh thank you! I totally missed that. Now I can eat guilt free. Wahoo!!

(Jack Brien) #74

I found these
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/8-X-80g-Big-Bag-Pork-Scratchings-crunch/251754426888?epid=1988581421&hash=item3a9dbbb208:g:M4UAAOxy4jxSIGl3

If you have an ALDI near you, check them out. I get 3.5 oz. packages there (they have regular or spicy flavors) for less than $1.

My thought too. I keep a leftover bag with the crumbs from any finished bagsā€¦

How do you do salt and vinegar? Would love to try that.

(matt ) #78

Just sprinkle them with salt and powdered vinegar. Itā€™s sold as a supplement if you canā€™t find it in the food section.

Much thanks, I need to hunt down some powdered vinegar. I love vinegar!

(Jennifer Buchanan) #80

I do and they also have them at Dollar tree near me but I couldnā€™t pass up on that deal on Amazon I container made 8 cups of crumbs plus I have the one to snack on or use elsewhere :joy: