Pork Rinds

newbies

(matt ) #41

Plain pork rinds literally just pork skin most of the time (easy to check the ingredients)…there is nothing “sub-optimal” about them. I rarely use them for snacking. I use they ground up as a coating or a binder.

(Jennifer Buchanan) #42

I am in Florida, I don’t know if Costco has them I will have to check, I am new to Keto so I am just getting into shopping and pricing stuff :slight_smile:

Please see my post above about my conversation with the Utz company yesterday. No worries about having to wonder (at least as far as Utz is concerned.) I’m contacting Brim’s and Mac’s today. Soon it looks like we’ll have the definitive pork rinds thread!

(Jennifer Buchanan) #44

I just went to the website listed on my bottles and they are a dollar more that amazon here is the link http://store.utzsnacks.com/Barrel-Regular-Pork-Rinds/productinfo/365/

(What The Fast?!) #45

I don’t think any pork rinds are fried in anything but their own fat. I think that’s what makes them pork rinds? As always…I could be wrong. :slight_smile:

Jennifer, off-topic, but there are threads here with lists of good keto options at Costco. It’s worth checking them out.

Back to your regularly-scheduled thread now. :slight_smile:

(matt ) #47

No worries on my side…if its not on the label its not in the food. Companies are not risking a massive lawsuit for something that silly. If there is no oil listed on the ingredients then no oils were added.

(Jennifer Buchanan) #48

Off topic as well, I will do a search, I also purchased Sous Vide so i will search for info on that too bc it didn’t come with bags :slight_smile:

I quoted your post for my reply, but it was for anyone, really. I’m seeing a lot of “I wonder” and “I guess” posts about this and am trying to reassure folks. Just trying to be helpful.

(matt ) #50

Just go to amazon and order rolls of vacuum bags (assuming you have a vacuum sealer) as they are waaaaaay cheaper then getting the branded bags

(Jennifer Buchanan) #51

I do have a sealer, thanks Matt

(matt ) #52

Just a bit of advice from what I have learned. Double seal both ends of the bag. Nothing like having a seal let go and soggify your food. :slight_smile:

Now back to pork rinds!

(Candy Lind) #53

GOT IT. :wink: I was just being lazy. I was sitting in my easy chair watching a movie, beating on the bag with the side of my meat tenderizer. :crazy_face:

(TJ Borden) #54

I’ve been trying to think of something to do as a distraction in the evening while fasting… that would work. Just spend the evenings with a hammer making a months supply of pork rind powder :joy:

(Jennifer Buchanan) #55

will do, thanks!

Jennifer, the listing is back up. Your barrel is $6.08 now and is an add-on item.

https://www.amazon.com/Utz-Pork-Rinds-18-Barrel/dp/B001YJ2VOO/ref=sr_1_4_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1518834381&sr=8-4&keywords=utz%2Bpork%2Brinds&th=1

(Jack Brien) #57

Now THAT is a pork scratching!

Beauty!

(Candy Lind) #59

:rofl: Man, you’re killin’ me here! :rofl:

(matt ) #60

I use pork rinds when I make a coating or binding. The cracklings or scratchings?) have too much fast and such left on them and they are usually much harder than the puffed out rinds. I save those for eating and dipping.