Coconut pancakes

breakfast

(Jessica ) #11

I bought Walden farms syrup and smoothered them with butter then drizzled syrup on. It was delicious. If you haven’t had Walden farms, you should try it. Delicious!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #12

Yep. I prefer Walden Farms too. Sweetened with sucralose.

(eat more) #13

i made these yesterday…quite tasty and i was full ALLLLL day and into the evening
i shared the recipe with my cousin and she was not down…she doesn’t know what she’s missing out on lol

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

YES! Very filling!!!

(Paul Jaeger ) #15

These were frikin awesome!!! I just put butter on them and the vanilla and cinnamon made it taste just like french toast! WTG Brenda!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #16

Thank you @Protoman

Nearly everyone who is brave enough to try them thinks so! Happy you enjoyed them!

Keto for my 11 year old son - day one
(Laura Z) #17

One question, is it okay to use salted pork rinds? I can only find them salted. Thank you

I use salted pork rinds and I enjoy the results.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

I also use salted. I think it adds to their overall good taste.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #20

@carl
Look what someone just published. Look familiar?
https://www.healthfulpursuit.com/2014/10/low-carb-pancakes-grain-free-sugar-free-dairy-free-nut-free/?utm_source=Healthful+Pursuit+Newsletter&utm_campaign=3f8235382f-(No+Flour!)+Pancakes_2017_04_09&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_590b00b5b3-3f8235382f-57813801&mc_cid=3f8235382f&mc_eid=093309a1b9

(Nathanael Schulte) #21

Alright, I just decided to try these to see for myself. I’ve done ketogenic pancakes with almond butter and almond flour and they always turn out too heavy. These were the first that actually came out fluffy. I made a couple minor adjustments - added more egg and cream because it was way too dry otherwise, added some Truvia to get a little more sweetness, and added a little baking powder per Carl’s suggestion from the March 11 podcast.
Pretty awesome, and they just passed my picky 9-year-old son’s taste test. We’ll see what my wife thinks next.
Great job!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

Great that you tweaked the recipe! Personally I think it highly depends on the pork rinds you are able to use. So many brands are different!

Glad you enjoy them. All I know is, I don’t miss pancakes anymore!

(carl) #23

First attempt! I added 1 tsp of baking powder for a little lift. Wow! These are awesome!

@brenda made them in Breckenridge when we met up in February at the LC conf, but this was the first time I made them. Clara, my 15-yr old, likes them too!

(Dustin Cade) #24

@Brenda & @carl these are great!

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #25

Thanks. I’ve been making the pancakes three years now. The dudes asked me to make them when we were all in Colorado together. That morning @richard found a waffle maker in the kitchen and we thought, why not give it a try? I was surprised it worked so well.
Next time I make waffles I’m making extra to use as hamburger buns and BLT bread!!

The pictures convinced me…I’m giving these a try this weekend!

(Richard Morris) #27

They were so good that I am now on the look out for a cheap waffle iron.

(James storie) #28

Yep, definitely making these this weekend!

(Dustin Cade) #29

when you make them do you get a lot of oil leaking from the waffle iron? i made a huge batch and loads of oil draining. we just cleaned it up, not an issue really, just wondering.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #30

When I made them, I oiled the waffle iron before putting the batter in at first, then realized it was not necessary. That batter is greasy enough! Plus most waffle irons are non-stick.

Otherwise not sure why the oil is leaking out. Pork rinds can vary brand to brand. Maybe adapt the recipe? (use less added oil?)