POLL: What is your opinion about lazy keto?

conversationstarters
newbies
science
fasting
food

(Hamz Edward) #1

Hey everyone, I’d appreciate it if you can take a second to answer this poll about lazy keto. Thanks a lot. And feel free to share your lazy keto experiences here.

Lazy Keto: A type of keto approach where you’ll only track your daily carb intake to sustain ketosis.

• I’m on lazy keto and love it
  • I regret trying lazy keto, and standard keto is the best
  • I will never try lazy keto and prefer to stick with standard keto
  • Lazy keto has been useful for me
  • I will only do lazy keto when eating out
  • I think lazy keto ruins the therapeutic benefits of keto

0 voters

Maybe a definition of what we’re calling lazy keto?

(Allie) #3

I assumed they meant eating keto foods without any sort of tracking or counting which is what I do.

(Troy) #4

Not 100% sure of the question or poll

So, Nothing to see here…
Just passing through folks
Carry on😄

Since it’s not a #lazyketo food question

Ok then…I only track or keep carbs below 20g
I do not measure poke or test anything else

Keep it simple!!! :rofl:

(Hamz Edward) #5

Just added a basic definition. Thank you for the reminder. :slightly_smiling_face:

Then I'm semi lazy. I track glucose and/or ketones but not macros. I have a feel for what foods are too carby and occasionally overeat steak.

I am confused by the definition. Isn’t being in ketosis the object of keto - what is the lazy part of it?

(Hamz Edward) #9

Consuming less than 50 grams of carbs per day can help you get into and maintain ketosis. Lazy ketoers believe that they don’t have to track the other macronutrients (fat and protein) as long as they keep their carb intake below 50 or 20 grams per day. Some people combine lazy keto with dirty keto, an approach in which you don’t have to worry about the quality of your foods.

So the “lazy” part is that you only have to track your carb intake and nothing more. Some people also track their calories, especially if they’re trying to lose weight.

(Troy) #10

Yikes😳
Oh boy on this
I’m sure lots of “ feedback “ on this.

Good Luck with your poll

Ah, ok. Then I eat unrefined foods that tend to have a good fat:protein balance for me, so that saves worrying too much about counting. I do know from previous tracking that extra protein, especially from lean sources like chicken breast, will adversely affect the ketosis zone I prefer to maintain.

I’ll refer that part of it to this topic:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #13

I hate it when this is done. Sometimes people make uninformed, inflammatory or stupid posts but they’re almost always refuted by logic and facts. I don’t like it when the ability to critically analyze ideas is muted. And people who sound like fools are silenced by others, after all some people reading may have the same uninformed notions of truth and if the debate is silenced on one side of the fence all meaning is lost, edited and critical thinking discouraged. Pisses me off. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Yes.
Unfortunately when someone decides to leave in a huff and has all their posts deleted it leaves some Swiss cheese in discussions. [Some context remains in quoted posts]
The uninformed, inflammatory posts were not deleted by us for being contrary. We leave stuff as-is unless it’s flagged for community violations. Except I did leave out some frivilous commentary at the end when I did the merging.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #15

I think the ability to do keto lazily and be successful is one of the best things about this woe. That doesn’t mean I think it is bad to track, but knowing how to make good food choices without tracking is what makes me think I can do this indefinitly. And for people who love or need the data, I get that too.

I’m maintaining, so lazy keto is my way of doing it…i’m doing OMAD, so I just make sure my carbs are under 20g, eyeball protein and then add fat if my meats are leaner or if I’m hungry. My diet is pretty simple, so I don’t have to weigh much-3 eggs, my bowl of lettuce with 1tbsp of EVOO, few asparagus, few mushrooms, sometimes an avocado, meat, fat, the end :slight_smile:

(Andi loves space, bacon and fasting. ) #17

I haven’t been tracking for the last 2 months and I’ve maintained my weight. That’s tremendously successful for me! When I was tracking, I lost weight steadily, which was awesome.

I have a friend who doesn’t track and has lost 20 lbs in 3 months, and my 74 year old mom has never tracked and she’s lost 10 lbs in 2 months.

Keto is a truly phenomenal way of life.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #18

I did no tracking the first 5 months and lost about 25-28 lbs as I remember it. I was just tracking in my head, sort of. Sometimes I did better than others I am sure.

When I did start tracking it helped me identify hidden carbs that many food label’s deceptive numbers hide by making portion sizes ridiculously small. When I started tracking it kept me more informed and honest with myself and I started loosing at a better rate. When I reach my goal I will probably go back to lazy keto if I can maintain my weight that way. But now I am doing everything I can to reach that goal so I can begin the next phase of my efforts, gaining muscle mass. :cowboy_hat_face:

(Allie) #19

I don’t even track carbs anymore. After four years I’ve got a pretty good idea what works for me and what doesn’t.

(Randy) #20

I’ve lost 175 lbs using IF and eating to satiety. I don’t count carbs, but stick to meats, fats and low carb veggies.

(Carl Keller) #21

I voted for lazy because it was the best response. I tracked everything religiously because I’m a data nerd but the only thing I restricted were carbohydrates. After six months I quit tracking because the pattern was clear and it was monotony at that point.