PLEASE USE THE F'IN SEARCH FUNCTION (yes I'm shouting šŸ˜© )

(Stan Brooks) #21

So what you are saying is all questions should be directed your way?:grin:

(Candy Lind) #22

But youā€™re ā€¦ ā€œTHE ZORN!ā€ HOW CAN THIS BE??? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(What The Fast?!) #23

SAME!!!

yes, this

great idea

iā€™ll add - rather than create a new topic, try reviving an old thread!

I remember being a newbie and seeing older members (different forum) discussing the same situation we are discussing here and thinking whatā€™s the big dealā€¦Why is everybody so worked up about having to answer a question thatā€™s been answered beforeā€¦I felt like I was in the same position - I donā€™t have a lot of time to spend on the forum so I may not have the time to wait for my question to be answered. And their forum wasnā€™t even as busy as this one is.

Fast forward a year and a halfā€¦Now have been around long enough to see the numerous posts that get posted that are exactly the same question over and over and you do get wearyā€¦But I think @Brenda post says it well. Be kind and if you want to skip over that post to keep your sanity do it. And if you feel like being helpful answer.

And if you are a newbie and you arenā€™t getting any responses, try the search function, because that may be why you arenā€™t getting any answersā€¦

Keep Calm & Keto On Everyone!

(CharleyD) #25

Bah, who forgot to tell the newbies that youā€™re supposed to have it all figured out before you come here?

It was @Carl, right? Dangit CARL!

:sweat_smile:

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #26

This is hilarious. Luckily they donā€™t do that here. I maybe get one private message a day here, and that I can handle just fine. I think Iā€™m tagged a few times a day as well and thatā€™s totally manageable.
On Facebook Messenger though itā€™s gotten out of hand. I get strangers messaging me constantly asking me questions and it got to the point where I just couldnā€™t handle it all. So I just stopped opening them. There are just too many. This goes to being human, and thatā€™s okay. And friend requests. I have a private Facebook page where my friends and family are but I just canā€™t add anyone anymore.
I leave the keto posts public though.
Social media can grow exponentially. Itā€™s kind of amazing really.

(Stan Brooks) #27

I have the same issue but then again I work in a call center. Right now I am working about 13 hours a day due to a massive recall.

And because of that I donā€™t really mind answering the same question over and over again. I should (we all should) answer politely if we like and link the the place where they can find more answers.

(matt ) #28

It does not take much time on the site to get full access.

(matt ) #29

No one should be deleting threads honestly.

**if you feel there is a legit reason to delete a post/thread you created you can always check with an admin. But we donā€™t like deleting comments as it makes things confusing in the thread and we donā€™t like deleting threads because information. :slight_smile:

(Candy Lind) #30

Hubby and I are both refugees from tech support. I feel your pain! :cold_sweat:

This.
Over the years Iā€™ve been on many forums, and even have been a moderator on 3. There will always be repetitive questions from new folks. Always. If you donā€™t want to read them - much less answer them with patience - just skip to the next topic that does interest you.

As others have said, being physically ill, or just plain scared, and trying a new way of eating - a way repeatedly scorned by many/most physicians/dieticians/
family/friends/the press - is not an easy undertaking- it takes courage, and there will be many questions.

When you are looking for support of a most basic nature, isnā€™t this a good place to ask them? Sure, using ā€˜searchā€™ would be nice, but it just doesnā€™t always happen.

As for using ā€˜searchā€™ here, I think itā€™s quite good and I use it a lot. Often I prefer that to reading the fresher posts since older threads tend to be longer and have greater input over time.

(Jay Patten) #32

@Keto6468, I will admit that I hide the fact that Iā€™m doing keto at work. I talked about it with one guy and I found myself telling half-truths and lies because his wife is an RN and I ā€œdidnā€™t want to hear it.ā€

I also hide the fact that I do 48 hour fasts from my wife. I only do them on days when she is working an evening shift and doesnā€™t know that Iā€™m skipping dinner.

(Missy) #33

I find a lot of people doing that. My DH gets asked a lot what heā€™s doing because heā€™s lost at least 25 pounds in the last 2 months. He doesnā€™t mention keto but tells people he limits carbs and cut sugars out completely. When he says this, only a couple of people mentioned he must be doing keto because they did keto or something similar to it.

(Randy) #34

(Darlene Horsley) #35

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Stan Brooks) #36

Do they make sure you are having enough fun or too much?

(Karen) #37

We must come out

K

(Vladaar Malane) #38

I understand why people do that but I think its our jobs to be ambassador of keto and educate when opportunities present. I sent a email to all employees at work saying hey people ask me how Ive lost so much weight and kept it off. I point them to Dr. Fungs Obseity Code book telling them Ive researched over the years and my wife and I chose Ketogenic lifestyle. I dont claim its better than other diets but explain it briefly. I did get into woods a little mentioning body setpoint where most gain weight back in spades after fad diets. I suggested its hard to overcome that but things like ACV, fiber, green tea, fasting can help. Yeah i used the word fast, telling them I do intermittent fast just by skipping breakfast. Hey some may think thats crazy but most known me there for over a decade, if I say I researched something they respect it.

Iā€™m sorry but Iā€™m not going to waste my time searching this entire forum every time I want to say something or create a thread. What a tedious waste of time that would be, especially if I had to do that several times per visit to this place.

If I say something thatā€™s been said before, itā€™s not the end of the world. Plus a new conversation on an old topic can end up being completely different, since the people here today might not be the same people who were here six months ago. New perspectives and new input will make the new conversation completely unique and worthwhile.

(Rob) #40

No need to apologize for wasting other peopleā€™s time as long as yours is optimized. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Of course, in reality you are wasting your own time if you donā€™t do a search first since there is likely to be much better information in prior posts than people can be bothered to rewrite in a new thread that should never have been asked AGAIN.

The search function takes seconds to use and review. If you find 4 posts in 14 months of content, then you can probably just jump straight in and ask your awesome new question, if there are 75 threadsā€¦ you might just save yourself a ton of time writing, and waiting and reading the drip drip drip of repeated info over the next few hours and days.

As Coca-Cola advisesā€¦ you do you.