Please help me to keep my kitchen clean

Keto is messier than steaming veg.

What do you all do?

Are splatter screens any good? I so which one? I can only see splatter screens with enormous diameters!

Help please.

(KCKO, KCFO) #2

I see spatter screens in all sizes at Bed, Bath and Beyond and other stores. If you want to steam your veggies go ahead and dress them with EVOO afterwards. You don’t have to saute them, or you can saute them in bone broth instead of oils.

I have a steamer that I use for deep cleaning the kitchen and the bathrooms. You might want to check those out. Gets rid of all types of soapy built up gop or greasy build ups. There are also hand held only for more everyday use, I prefer to just deep clean a few times a year with this more heavy duty version.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051T8XMW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(Maren ) #3

My favorite is oven roasting with avocado oil, salt, and pepper. Keeps topside mess down. I can add a little finishing butter if necessary.
Usually 425 degrees for 15-30 minutes depending on water content of veggie.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #4

Dawn dish detergent is very good for bacon splatters! If it weren’t for cleaning the stove top, I’d hardly get any exercise. :bacon:

Ha ha Paul! And, “Yes” to Collaroygal.

Does anyone use fat splash guards? I can’t get over how expensive they are. And how they are normally only come in only one very wide diameter.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #6

Good question! I’m already having nightmares of my grandma’s greasy kitchen.

(Garry (Canada)) #7

If you talking about the 12" screen type… I wouldn’t waste your money. It’s useless to control cooking splatter. If you have lots of flies in the house, perhaps that could justify the purchase. I typically use some Bounty paper towel then finish with Lysol wipes.

(Susan) #8

If I’m frying anything on the hob, I spread some kitchen paper over the surrounding areas to try and minimise the cleaning up. I don’t always remember to do this, though. The worst thing for me is cleaning the mirror splash back - PITA :persevere:! I sometimes stick paper towel over it with masking tape. Otherwise some washing up liquid helps cut through any grease - isn’t that what the ads claim they do?!

(Sheri Knauer) #9

Heres how I keep my kitchen clean from food splatters. As you can see, there is not a speck of food on the floor!
:

(Lindsey) #10

I have huge trouble getting pans and dishes clean, even with boiling water and liberal use of dishwashing soap, everything will look clean and then I go to put it away and find a fine film of grease over everything - does anyone else have that issue?

(Garry (Canada)) #11

I find the same issue on tupperware if I use the scrubbing portion of my washing sponge. If I turn the sponge over and use the actual foam side, the tupperware rinses crystal clean. Try it.

Here’s an idea of what I use. Sponge

(Lindsey) #12

Ah yea, that’t the type I use, and yup I have the same issue with tupperware - I always use the scubbing side though, I never thought the sponge side would be effective. I’ll give it a go, thanks!

(KCKO, KCFO) #13

When that happens, I use a paper towel with white vinegar on it to remove the spots, rinse and dry. That keeps my stainless skillets looking good.

(Lindsey) #14

I’ll try that too, thanks. :slight_smile:

Your puppies are beautiful :heart:

(Deborah ) #16

Beautiful babies! How did that choc lab sneak in there? LOL!

(Sheri Knauer) #17

Yes! This!

(Sheri Knauer) #18

Thank you!

(Sheri Knauer) #19

He’s a sneaky little guy, well big guy. He was only 11lbs when I brought him home and now he weighs 78.

(Vanessa) #20

Dollar Tree has 2 for $1. I buy those.